Old saws, anyone prefer running an elder workhorse? Show em if you run an oldie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you looking for?

Homelite enthusiast in training.
I haven't spent much time looking because of 3 more projects in the works.
PTO cover 67156-3 Mine is busted in 3 places.
Handle bar 69034 Broken on the bottom.
Air filter cover 69414-2 Busted on the side and the nut is busted.
Inner and outer guide bar plates. Both are broken.
An air filter that I won't have to float a loan for. They are nuts on Ebay.
Clint

I‘ve been using a 2100/2101 more and more recently as I’ve run into a few different 3-4 foot diameter pines I need to buck up, and I’m loving it. I just dig in with the dogs and let the saw do the rest! Even in 30 inch oak it just won’t slow, sadly I don’t have any pics as I forget to take them ’cause I’m having too much fun cutting!

I don't feel like a nut case anymore :), I've run my Jonsered 70e and 920's for decades now. The 920's a favorite. BUT One saw has spanned all the years I can remember and STILL in a work horse today. My old beat to crap Homelite 925... Had it for decades. It STILL wears a 28inch bar and comes out to block the plus 30inch wood even now. This was on a 20 degree day a couple weeks back, pretty typical task for that 925 :

I only run old stuff. I prefer vintage things in general and saws are no exception. Love the old Macs the most. If I have to cut a lot of wood the 670 Champ is the go to. Although I just picked up a nice 10mm 044, so think the 670 has been demoted to back up....or possibly up for sale. 20201107_151056.jpg20210131_124944.jpg20190223_132642.jpg20190823_170118.jpg

All that said, with the weird old stuff that turns up in the dump around here, I'm really hoping to score two ancient saws to clean up cosmetically and hang over the mantel in the house, like they used to do with sabres. In my mind it's hilarious. Sadly my ceiling is too low or I'd be on the hunt for the longest possibly bars for them to finish the look.
There's no denying the STYLE those old vibrating death machines have

Nice old saws.....here's one of my favorites......doesn't get used that much though it is certainly ready. Used one just like it 4-5 winters cutting white pine and spruce saw logs back when it was current. I built this saw basically to honor that old saw that was eventually straight gassed by my old sawmill partner's twin idiot boys because they didn't think they should have to cut up firewood for their house........to say they shared a brain would be giving them to much credit.....

49 SP and 70E Build 123.jpg49 SP and 70E Build 124.jpg49 SP and 70E Build 128.jpg49 SP and 70E Build 152.jpg

Latest posts

Back