Old saws, anyone prefer running an elder workhorse? Show em if you run an oldie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any pics but Im cutting timber every day that I work using a hodgepodge saw that I built. Ive got a 371xpg case half on one side, a 372xp case half on the other side, 372xp crank, with a 372xpw (75cc) top end. Its a SCREAMER too! It will outcut a 372xp or a 576xp, not QUITE a 390xp as far as cutting goes, but its lighter than any of the ones posted above! Im SERIOUSLY contemplating building another one before the part supplies dry up.

Apologies as a newbie here and not literate enough for pictures ....
Mine is a Husky 162 that replaced a McCulloch Super Pro 81 in the early 90s, I'm trying to date it but no luck yet. Is there a particular place to go here to find some info? The Husky is still a powerhouse and starts with 2 or 3 pulls, I always run Stabil in it 'cause sometimes it's a while between uses.
Started out ( 1950s) with a 3-25 McCulloch, to a Pioneer then some XL-12s and super XL-12s ....

Hope ya still got that 81?
20210120_165931.jpg20210120_165734.jpg

I don't have any pics but Im cutting timber every day that I work using a hodgepodge saw that I built. Ive got a 371xpg case half on one side, a 372xp case half on the other side, 372xp crank, with a 372xpw (75cc) top end. Its a SCREAMER too! It will outcut a 372xp or a 576xp, not QUITE a 390xp as far as cutting goes, but its lighter than any of the ones posted above! Im SERIOUSLY contemplating building another one before the part supplies dry up.
I've run those...a 2171and a 372 setups with the XPW top ends that were ported by the same guy at a GTG and they were serious units!!! I loved that 2171....still keeping an eye out but they seem pretty dear if you find one for sale. Here's a couple pics of Leeha in the pile with his 750 Homee and one of Woodchucka's brother running that 75cc ported 2171..!! Oh and I couldn't get by without one of Leeha's "Big Mac" gear drive......

misc pics 033.jpgmisc pics 036.jpgmisc pics 034.jpg

Back