Old School machinery

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shokidq

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Some classic post 40's equipment

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

& a couple of not so old rottne single grip harvesters the first to be imported to the UK mid 80's

attachment.php

SmokinDodge said:
What kind of dozer is that? Thanks for the pics.

I believe it's 1950's Fowler VF single cylinder, two stroke diesel crawler it was forgotten & left behind on a job about 30 years ago (before I was around) had a look last year to see if it was still in the bushes but alas it has been claimed by someone probably gone for scrap although it would have been a good restoration project.

ranchjn said:
are you asking whether or not the bulldozer was supercharged?? :confused:
Yes

shokidq said:
I believe it's 1950's Fowler VF single cylinder, two stroke diesel crawler it was forgotten & left behind on a job about 30 years ago

A two stroke engine doesn't run too well with out forced induction.
I have a Detroit 3-71 engine in an Allis Chanlmers Dozer with a supercharger on it.
Have you ever heard of a 6-71 blower?(Six cylinder, seventy-one series) That nomenclature came from the Detroit engine it was used on and apparently it is close to the cfm requirement for some gas engines. This happens to be an engine from the 1940's, so it is nothing new.

Latest posts

Back