Old School

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHEVYTOWN13

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was just given a Poulan 44.

I did a quick research and couldn't find anything but one video on youtube.

Will it be difficult to find parts for this old fella? I'm not sure what I'm doing but I'd like to give it a try.

CT

Cool beans

Sounds like a deal.

Is it gear driven? It looks like it has gears.

What struck my attention was how cool it looked for it's time. The bar looks badass. Dogs need attention. Have to bust out my metal tools.

It has a wooden handle for the pull! Now I'm thinking of making one
made out of oak.

It belonged to my woman's dad (rest his soul) who was a Seabee during WWll. Her brother was going to toss it! Then he found out I had CAD so...

I'd like to restore it and put it up on the wall in my studio somewhere.

This CAD is bad man.

Which is leading me to want to supercharge my 250cid L6 for the C10 that much more . :chainsaw:

You got it.

Last time it was used was 1983!

It looks to be made of cast iron?

Heavy dude. I think after picking that 44 up too many people complain about weight specs!

Old timers were some tough hombres.

Thank you J.J.

I try to learn something new when I get the chance.

Recently, I borrowed me bro's stick welder to learn how to stick weld...:dizzy: It's a different game than MIG or FLUX.

Cheers brother.:cheers:

I try to learn something new when I get the chance.

Recently, I borrowed me bro's stick welder to learn how to stick weld...:dizzy: It's a different game than MIG or FLUX.

Cheers brother.:cheers:

i heard that lol
i started with stick when i was 12 and got pretty good. i recently got a mig welder. lets just say it didnt take much practice on the mig :]

i also noticed you mentioned having a c10. i have a 72 lwb i'm workin on. (hence the mig welder purchase)

Welcome aboard hometown.

Sup brother.

Let me tell ya, I haven't even tried a weld over my head or having to use a mirror...now talk about a double :dizzy: :dizzy: I prefer flux. When you mess with that stuff, you know you're messing with fire! The pool is intense. The welds are super strong. Have you ever tried to sawzall through a thick flux weld:rant:

Have you heard of Chevytalk.org? Very awesome site.

You'll find everything you need to know about your 72 and then some.

350? I have a mild 350 in the 67 nova ll. The tires stopped hooking up on the rear dyno at 305 ponies. Me and me older bro ported the cylinder heads. So I'm very happy with those numbers on that ride. It has the powerslide. The C10 has a juiced up 2004R...snaps heads when it shifts.

For sure, a mig is your friend if you're going to build a ride. It's an awesome feeling doing it yourself. I've tried body work and that's tough. But doable I think.

This site is cool bro. You'll dig it here.

Later.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back