old stihl 041

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was down at the local saw dealer and they had a old stihl 041 for sale. It was on consignment. The old guy moved to a house where he didn't need it. I don't know how to tell the year on them. On the side cover with the rope it had the stihl name over a log and saw blade. They said it ran real well. The saw looked to be in great shape the bottom paint was even really nice. The price said $200. If anyone wants pictures of this saw and wants to buy it I will ship it for you.

Scott

I still have an awesome one, my dad has two one of which is in really great condition. Ours are all later then the one you are describing but I remember when his second one was new. Probably should remember when the first was too but I probably wasn't paying attention.

Here are some pics of the saw. It looks like it would be an easy one to clean up. I stuck it in some wood and it ran great. I have one person that say they want it. If they don't I might just keep it.

Scott

HOLY BALLS that is an OLD one!!! GREAT looking saw though, I would hang onto it. Much much older then any of the ones my dad or I have.

I have a 1979 041.It runs great but dread the day the ignition quits.My buddy has an 032 same vintage and coil no longer available according to the dealer.

That looks like the same one I have - I bought it new in 1972, it's Stihl making sawdust!
041.jpg
Looking again, I guess the recoil housing's a little different - Close though -

Last edited:
Ran a couple tanks through mine today and decided it is gonna have to stick around for a while longer. I intended to get rid of it after I got the 361 but I just can't bring myself to do it. The 361 is a nice saw, cross that, a great saw...but the 041 is just a super sweet tool and I enjoy running it a lot even though it isn't as fuel efficient or free of vibes as the new saw, not as fast either but today was supposed to be an easy day.

I have a 1979 041.It runs great but dread the day the ignition quits.My buddy has an 032 same vintage and coil no longer available according to the dealer.

Yeah, i've got a later model 041 and the ignition in any way cannot be gotten by the dealers. But a man on ebay can get one for you whether it be a SEM or points. He's got tons of 'em......so he said to me.Mine had the SEM and man did i have a time trying to find one!!:dizzy: Got it runs like brand new now. I'll keep it for as long as i can lift it!

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=64725&d=1202684621
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=64726&d=1202684636
Looks almost brand new!!!!:cheers:

Last edited:
Not bad considering I sold a newer 041 on ebay a couple months back with a dead ignition system for 140$ And yours is much better shape.

308stanger - Who's the guy on ebay in case I need one? Thanks -

The guy's store on ebay is cheapstihlsawparts. There probably won't be any listed on the store but if you ask him to find you one or something, he'll be happy to get one. From him they usually run about $50 buy it now but he tests them before he puts them up for auction. His name is bryce. But i think he's on vacation this week.....hope i could help!:cheers:

The guy's store on ebay is cheapstihlsawparts. There probably won't be any listed on the store but if you ask him to find you one or something, he'll be happy to get one. From him they usually run about $50 buy it now but he tests them before he puts them up for auction. His name is bryce. But i think he's on vacation this week.....hope i could help!:cheers:

Yes, he is on vacation this week.

Latest posts

Back