older wood stove????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjp

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
anyone have any info on the wood/coal stove in picture

a freind wants to get rid of it for $200 and i need one

No sure about your area, but they are quite common in this area. Depending what you are looking to use it for would be the deciding factor I believe.

so there are alot of them out?? there i searched internet not much info they were made by company from canada thats all i could find

if there common i will get a vermont casting

From what I see there is nothing "special" about that stove, but I'm sure it would heat rather well and do so for a long time. In my opinion, I would be looking to spend closer to $100, perhaps $150 if you really like the guy. anything more and you are in the market for a Fisher.

anyone have any info on the wood/coal stove in picture

a freind wants to get rid of it for $200 and i need one

As long as it is complete, and there are no broken parts on it, it is a good deal at $200.

As long as it is complete, and there are no broken parts on it, it is a good deal at $200.

I agree. It looks to be in good shape, and that seems a pretty fair price for it. There are a number of places online that deal in old stoves that can help you get a good idea, but I think this one is accurately priced.

I think you can do better for the money. Watch Craigslist ads local classified papers. Good used stoves cand command some money - especially this time of year.

Neat looking stove - it would be used as a 'display antique' in our home but we already have a 'display' pot belly stove.

Again, only speaking of codes in my area, I couldn't install this type of stove because our city codes and homeowners insurance require wood stoves set up to burn have to be EPA rated, UL listed, etc, etc.

Neat looking stove, though.

Shari

That would go for $450 -$500 in the antique stores on the other side of the Blue Ridge from me. Yuppieville, with lots of money.

Even out in my area, an easy $300.

But that's only because the yuppies sometimes come out this way looking for "bargains".

As an ornament, it's great. As a heater, I dunno. I think you'd be better with a boxwood stove, really.

I like that stove ! Good for the shop or cabin for sure. I once saw one at a flee market up here ,looked at it and liked it so i walked around to think about it and when i came back it was gone!!!:cry:
I would say $100 or so as well .

old stove[ GODIN]

that looks like a copy of the old french stove.we have used one of them, on and off for 30 years.my father likes to run coal in his,i run wood only.they work very well.a 20 x 20 or 20 x 30 room will heat up very well.K

Back