oldEST trees on earth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne no picts or links showed and I'd like to see em:cheers:

Sorry, I am fairly new to this so I will just give you some details to look up
Google either ( oldest tree in Australia ) or the state Tasmania ( oldest tree in Tasmania ) Click on the first link, it has a video of them and story.
If you then clich on the second link, list of oldest trees - wikipedia it describes the 10,500 year old colony of Huon Pine trees which has grown over 2.5 acres.
They believe it is a single male that they think, the snow has pushed its branches to the ground, then they have grown roots and has eventually grown into a 2.5 acre area.

If you then Google, worlds second tallest trees found in Tasmania (Tallest tree in Tasmania ), there is a swamp gum that is 101 metres tall and your tree in Redwood National Park is 115 metres tall
The one in Tasmania is the tallest Hardwood in the world. interestingly it has snapped off and has resprouted a new crown which means it would have been taller.
it was found in 2008 and is estimated to be around 400 years old.
No where near as old as your tree in Redwood , not sure on base diameter but a decent tree for just 400 yrs.
Not taking anything away from your impressive trees, they certainly are very impressive , just letting you know of some other trees in the world.
Shame there are not a few more of them around . The next tallest tree in tasmania is 99 metres, 2 metres, ( roughly 6 feet ) shorter than the one at Geeveston Tas.
Great thread and thanks for sharing. I love the photos , especially the one with the villiagers around it.
Thanks Wayne:msp_thumbup:

Wow i only live about 30 minutes from the oldest tree:rock: And i had not evan heard about it before:(
Might have to go and have a Captains Cook someday.:msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back