Oldirty North American Tour 08

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bigtime. Got kicked out of the Chuck by the Environmental Police at midnight last night. Seems they had an issue with my choice of beverage:cheers:

They couldn't do anything about it though, they called the local cops as we were pulling away........:hmm3grin2orange:

didnt think you were the type to snub those with a badge. good for you.

you been getting your rec climbn on? or staying busy with your day job?

i bought my truck last year tman.

for years i wanted to head west. just to see it. my thoughts so far? the tree's are a walk in the park. and the sun shines.....all day.

i was happy at my old job, but i wasnt getting the proper monetary respect. so why not go look around the country. the problem now (which i did not forsee being a problem) was leaving the ol lady back home.

sooooo tman. you tell me. whats up?

What up? If you are asking me to go naked moose riding with you forget it.
That is something a man has to by hisself.
If you are asking for advice I can say this. Money is always to short no matter how much you have or make but that issue pales in comparison to family.
Not to tell you what I think you should do but if I was you and I knew what I know I would ride that moose back home, find that girl and put a kid in her belly. But that is me.
You might be tough as nails oldirty the best tree cilmber in the world, but you ain't ####, trust me neither am I, without the other half. Ask ROPES.
Also, you can't run and you can't hide. You can't pretend you are all you need. I might be wrong but when I saw your picture I didn't see a guy that seemed to happy. You looked worried, not to mention exhausted.
I crossed this country up and down so many times I am still dizzy and then came home tired and pissed. I did not start to live my life until 2 years ago when my kid was born. I am 38 and although I am pretty happy I wish I had her all along. The rest is just jackasses talking about naked moose riding.
Its always hard work and you never know the future.
There is nothing out there, trust me. Its all inside and it goes whever you go.

Last edited:
i just got goosebumps from reading that post man.

Well TreeCo did acusse me of being a drama queen. Well, he don't know. Ive been bawling my eyes out for 2 years. Everytime I want to lay my head on my wife's bosum and sob she says" Did you clean the tawlets?"

He made a good post and my wife is very important to my
living. I have one that would go anywhere I wanted to go
and she would be ok with me going alone for a little while
but it would be hard on me. It would be hard too leave my
grandkids for longer than two weeks as paw paw is their
hero and they know, I would die defending them. Oldirty
I envy you going to Alaska and don't know your situation
but keep in touch with the wife and if you are going to
stay awhile, send her a ticket pard you will be glad someday,
if she is a virtuous woman anyway. They are hard to come by
the ones that don't think they are all that and love to cook,
fish & mine even hunts with me:cheers: I do get away
sometimes with the boys but not much over a week I
try to tell her I care when I am not busy!

Last edited:
rope she's not mine by marriage......yet, but i do hear what your saying. loud and clear.

tman ive been reading your posts with a smile for a while now but after that little post i gotta say the smile dropped right off my face. i'm not sure you couldve hit any closer to home than how you just did.

all of what youve said has been on my mind since the day i left. all of it.........

about the picture though. not worried but i guess the lack of a smile indicated not "happy"......

Last edited:
oldirty you have always seemed to be a straight shooter
just follow your heart! I would go to sleep tonight so you are on your toes tomorrow! I am sure you will do what you must to find your happy spot.

its not even 8oclock yet!

seriously though i sleep in on the weekends. lol

i do miss my girl though that much is true. tom'w i am expecting a couple calls from the old boss and a potential new one so i got that ball rolling already. so we'll see who says the right things to me.

i know my foreman misses having me around thats for sure.

but lets not turn this thread into a bummer. lol

pics of work tomw!

i do miss my girl though that much is true. tom'w i am expecting a couple calls from the old boss and a potential new one so i got that ball rolling already. so we'll see who says the right things to me.

pics of work tomw!

10 4 rodger that, will tune in fer sure, peace to ya oldirty!

pics of work tomw!

If you do end up back east, give me a shout. We could always use a man with your experience. I am sure work will not be a problem for such a well rounded individual such as yourself. Good luck whitch ever way you go:cheers:

Last edited:
oldirty road show

Thanks for the green stuff. Looks like I can't reply by rep as I apparently gave you to much rep in a row...

Any rate If your traveling through we can throw you in the spare room. Victoria is a bit off the beaten track mind you. however some big ass trees are around these parts. One tree I keep meaning to climb is estimated to have been the worlds tallest before the top blew off. 100 feet to the first branch. Give me an excuse to do something other then work...

What up? If you are asking me to go naked moose riding with you forget it.
That is something a man has to by hisself.
If you are asking for advice I can say this. Money is always to short no matter how much you have or make but that issue pales in comparison to family.
Not to tell you what I think you should do but if I was you and I knew what I know I would ride that moose back home, find that girl and put a kid in her belly. But that is me.
You might be tough as nails oldirty the best tree cilmber in the world, but you ain't ####, trust me neither am I, without the other half. Ask ROPES.
Also, you can't run and you can't hide. You can't pretend you are all you need. I might be wrong but when I saw your picture I didn't see a guy that seemed to happy. You looked worried, not to mention exhausted.
I crossed this country up and down so many times I am still dizzy and then came home tired and pissed. I did not start to live my life until 2 years ago when my kid was born. I am 38 and although I am pretty happy I wish I had her all along. The rest is just jackasses talking about naked moose riding.
Its always hard work and you never know the future.
There is nothing out there, trust me. Its all inside and it goes whever you go.

Wow! good post dan, allmost makes up for the hoodscoop on an F150, lol. No, seriously, good post.

Wow! good post dan, allmost makes up for the hoodscoop on an F150, lol. No, seriously, good post.

somebody loved that truck much more than I do. Got Ford stickers all over it, suspension lift and some really nice looking mag wheels. I hate to think that people think I put that scoop on. Every once in a while some hosehead will say" Nice truck dude". I try to run them over.
Want something cool to put on the front of your truck? Cut a circular saw blade in half and weld it on like a hood ornament. I had a 77 Chevy nobody parked next to. I think I drove that up the Philly Art Museum Steps too. Rocky ain't nuttin to me. drove a Scout up there as well, and my brother's girlfriends Rabbit but that really didn't make it very far.
do you know what I like about you Mds?

Last edited:
If you do end up back east, give me a shout. We could always use a man with your experience. I am sure work will not be a problem for such a well rounded individual such as yourself. Good luck whitch ever way you go:cheers:

Thanks for the green stuff. Looks like I can't reply by rep as I apparently gave you to much rep in a row...

Any rate If your traveling through we can throw you in the spare room. Victoria is a bit off the beaten track mind you. however some big ass trees are around these parts. One tree I keep meaning to climb is estimated to have been the worlds tallest before the top blew off. 100 feet to the first branch. Give me an excuse to do something other then work...

i thank you fellas, alot.

as promised a couple pics. nothing of me in a tree because i was too busy but still a couple.

the boys getting out of their trucks.

my crew

the view

and heres 2 more.

my boy robbie filling up a saw and the new kid in front of a couple trees coming down. i nicknamed him "junior". as in "ta ta today junior" from the movie "billy madison". man is he slow. lol

and heres 2 more.

my boy robbie filling up a saw and the new kid in front of a couple trees coming down. i nicknamed him "junior". as in "ta ta today junior" from the movie "billy madison". man is he slow. lol

Durn is he a midget I had to squent hard to see the little fellow
get him up trees lol that will speed junior up!

Back