omni block loopie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must be one of those rare guys that never works when he is exhausted, or in bad weather, or with inexperienced help, or distracted by stressors like family issues, deadbeat customers, injuries, plagues, floods, famines, wars, strikes, deadly pestilence, and so on.
Just speaking as a mere mortal, I've had a fair number of "learning experiences", some of which (like marriage) were costly and/or painful. I don't buy into that business of "All accidents are preventable" BS. You could walk across the street tomorrow and get pulverized by a piece of debris that fell off a commercial airplane.

I went on 42 mile 3 day winter mountaineering trip in Maine last Feb for fun with a 45lbs pack in -20F weather and 40-60mph winds and 6ft of powder on the ground while climbing 3500 vertical feet. Work is stress free compared to these kinda trips

Umm, I do large crane removals of Siberian elm, Cottonwood, and other trash trees, and drop things as large as I can. Am I doing something wrong? Should I want to break stuff? Maybe, I don't, cause I know cycles to failure and working load limit. How often are you lowering a 1000lb piece of trunk and the sling breaks? YOUR FIRED. GET OFF MY JOB, YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!

Your logic is like"oh sh#$, guess I should have retired that climbing line, looks like I'm going to hell"! Inspect your equipment, know your wood weights, know your rope limit including deductions for knots, wear on material etc.

Hmm, chipping into the back of that Acura?

NEVER HAD A CLOSE CALL!!!! I say 'close calls' are directly proportional to intelligence!!! I started out as a wild land fire fighter felling large dug firs for Bureau of Land Management. More training over a spring time than most of you have had all your lives. Now, certified arborist, certified tree worker.

I must be lucky, or smart. I'd say smart. I've had tree felling training you've never even heard of. I did my first crane job without any advice; made it up, given what needed to be done. That's the American way. My brain, simply said, these are the reaction forces, this is what needs to be done, this is how you will do it. Kind of like Einstein...

How is it that you know what kind of training any of us have had?
I would be willing to bet my hat, that you are underestimating the members of this site, all of which are in the same industry as you!
as if we've never done any felling, or were never trained in tree work. great, you know how to use a wedge, and devise a system to rig over a house, get over yourself.

wildlands firefighting is pretty hardcore, and dropping big conifirs is always fun and challenging, but dont assume that you are the only hardworking, knowledgeable arborist on the site...

Last edited:
NEVER HAD A CLOSE CALL!!!! I say 'close calls' are directly proportional to intelligence!!! I started out as a wild land fire fighter felling large dug firs for Bureau of Land Management. More training over a spring time than most of you have had all your lives. Now, certified arborist, certified tree worker.

I must be lucky, or smart. I'd say smart. I've had tree felling training you've never even heard of. I did my first crane job without any advice; made it up, given what needed to be done. That's the American way. My brain, simply said, these are the reaction forces, this is what needs to be done, this is how you will do it. Kind of like Einstein...

Holy Judas on a moped, "dug firs"? Must be huge, I've never even heard of them much less seen one. You must be good if you worked for the BLM in Utah. There is some complex felling out there what with the old growth Sage Brush and Juniper that are least 100-120 inches tall. Sounds like you are part of the very special forces of felling, the first line of defense. Keep after it guy, we're all counting on you.

Check out the DMM Pinto Rig pulley with Loopie from TreeStuff, $95 with 10% repeat customer discount so bottom line around $85. So glad I bought this over the Omni!

The Pulley is 3,150lbs stronger, yet half the weight! Full load bearing becket on the bottom for attaching whatever. I have heard from a dealer of an Omni Block shearing.

Tree Stuff - DMM Pinto Rig Loopie

How are you getting a 10% discount? I only get 5%! What's up?

Holy Judas on a moped, "dug firs"? Must be huge, I've never even heard of them much less seen one. You must be good if you worked for the BLM in Utah. There is some complex felling out there what with the old growth Sage Brush and Juniper that are least 100-120 inches tall. Sounds like you are part of the very special forces of felling, the first line of defense. Keep after it guy, we're all counting on you.

I haven't laughed so hard in,a great while

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2

Back