One for my pop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tree md

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here's my pop. The guy who used to carry me into the woods on his shoulders when I was too young to walk that far... And my favorite tree guy, Happy dad's day pop!

08212010.jpg

true old school guy looks like,if so what i was raised around (get #### done without drying about it)

Here's my pop. The guy who used to carry me into the woods on his shoulders when I was too young to walk that far... And my favorite tree guy, Happy dad's day pop!

08212010.jpg

If I remember correctly it was 107 degrees that day (actual temp not index). We were on a monster dead Oak... My dad was 64 then. He's like a camel, he just don't quit.

Postem up if you gotem, lets here about your dads. This is anyone's thread who wants to give their dad's their due. ;)

while ma.y dad runs the biz ,his dad can #### n git (74) ...all with a stomach that HAD MAJOR surgery ,he recalls when getting the OPP telling the doc that night(he was scheduled for another surgery in the morn) that he felt like he was gonna throw up the doc said NAHHH IT IN YOUR HEAD ,well HE DID THROW UP busted every stich

was holding his intestines when doc came back in ....till this day no matter how much weight he loses he has a pumpkin gut

Have to look for pics, but I have to give my dad my thanks as well, he gave me money to buy my first saw, and has helped me out along the way either by working with me, and giving me good advice. He is 64 and still shows up and works his Butt off! Sets a great example to the other 2 full-time groundies we have! I do have to tell him to slow down from time to time though! But I wouldn't be where I am today without him! The word quit or fail is not in his vocabulary! Happy Fathers day!

My Dad never did tree work but he was always very supportive of my career "choice". He bought me my first saddle and 120ft of saftey blue. My Dad could fix ANYTHING. If someone needed an "off the wall" kinda tool he prolly had it. I bought him a leathermen multi tool years ago for Fathers Day. He always carried it and was known for fixing things on the spot with it. It stays in my top dresser draw now with a few other "more important" keep sakes. He passed away on 6-16-07. He is missed by many. One thing I try and remember as much as I can, and its hard sometimes, is that he told me..."Never judge a person to close unless you have walked in there shoes, cuz things are not always how they seem from the outside looking in". He proved to me over the years that he followed this pretty darn close. I am grateful for the years I had with my Dad.

Your Father was a Wise Man...

My Dad ... he told me..."Never judge a person to close unless you have walked in there shoes, cuz things are not always how they seem from the outside looking in". He proved to me over the years that he followed this pretty darn close. I am grateful for the years I had with my Dad.

A great quote Ace. My Father could also fix anything. He was a machinist by trade. He was not a large man but he feared no man, and though quiet and shy would not be trifled with.

At age seven or so I witnessed him pick up a much larger man than he, (who had harassed me and my older Sister). The man was holding a lit acetylene torch at the time.

I don't know what Dad said to the man as he held him off the ground, but he put him down and walked away. The man never spoke to us again.

Back