One hot AK-47!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe a POS AK would be fun to do that to, but I think the guy had it right that posted the, 'hold my beer, I have an idea' reasoning behind this particular video. Probably also right about the reason for the fire; grease in or on the barrel.

My DPMS Panther is way to valuable to put an automatic trigger into and burn up just to have some fun. I shot an AR once that was fitted for 9mm rounds, and it had a stickey trigger that went into burst mode every now and then. It got so that we could get it to jam more often, and burned through a whole case of 9mm ammo doing that. I also shot an auto 9mm Uzi once and basically smoked the barel. It was red hot and obviously warping from the heat. 9mm ammo is cheap, and does not have great range. Safer to shoot at zombies with that than long range ammo.

Aks are made with loose tolerances and the m-16 is tighter tolerances. You can throw a ak in a mud hole with the bolt open and take it out and tap the water and sludge out and it will fire the m-16 will not. I have never seen either one burn up and have shot and seen a lot of rounds go through one. The guy had something on the barrel to make it catch on fire, Just for the video. I also agree there was no purpose for the video other than to act crazy. I have seen a few guys do that same thing though. Seen barrels white hot from long belts af ammo. Now the guy with the mini gun, I would not have wanted to buy that load of ammo. I believe those things fire at a rate of 3000 rounds per minute.

Yeah, I realize that you can get your class 3 permit and own the full auto stuff. I am also familiar with the AR15 as I own several. It is just a bit of culture shock here as I found out about this site reading a chainsaw thread on the webs largest gun forum and now I'm reading a gun thread on the world's largest wood/saw forum. Get me one of them thar' fancy triggers while your at it. LOL

Yeah, I realize that you can get your class 3 permit and own the full auto stuff. I am also familiar with the AR15 as I own several. It is just a bit of culture shock here as I found out about this site reading a chainsaw thread on the webs largest gun forum and now I'm reading a gun thread on the world's largest wood/saw forum. Get me one of them thar' fancy triggers while your at it. LOL
Chainsaws and guns, What could be better.

Chainsaws and guns, What could be better.
They go great together also add the typical big Redneck Truck and of course a dog:hmm3grin2orange: I really envy you Guy's and Gals just south of me you can play with all the toy's. But sad thing is Three weeks ago we had a Elk hunter killed by a Grizz 5km away from were I cut wood.Even my mom said better take a gun with you and don't leave it in the truck lol. They did find the bear that did it and they have DNA prof.

I went to the Knob hill machine gun shoot and watched that GE mini gun
its incredible they shot a car body until it turned white from the tracers and
just came apart BTW that video of the mini gun is from knob creek.

What kind of AR's are you shooting 2ridgebacks? Ive got 2 Rock Rivers. A 24" Varmint and a Coyote. Both semi auto only.

I guess we all appreciate fine machinery, whether it cuts our wood or makes little holes in stuff.

thanks stihl

Aks are made with loose tolerances and the m-16 is tighter tolerances. You can throw a ak in a mud hole with the bolt open and take it out and tap the water and sludge out and it will fire the m-16 will not. I have never seen either one burn up and have shot and seen a lot of rounds go through one. The guy had something on the barrel to make it catch on fire, Just for the video. I also agree there was no purpose for the video other than to act crazy. I have seen a few guys do that same thing though. Seen barrels white hot from long belts af ammo. Now the guy with the mini gun, I would not have wanted to buy that load of ammo. I believe those things fire at a rate of 3000 rounds per minute.

Thanks sthil,...Eric

What kind of AR's are you shooting 2ridgebacks? Ive got 2 Rock Rivers. A 24" Varmint and a Coyote. Both semi auto only.

I guess we all appreciate fine machinery, whether it cuts our wood or makes little holes in stuff.

A Colt HBar, a RRA 24" varmint with a lower built by me and 2 stage trigger, and a Spike's tactical 22lr upper on a DPMS lower built by me. Needless to say, the 22lr is the one that gets the workout with ammo prices what they are.

I love the smell of cordite in the morning!

Don't forget!...interview w/Ted Nugent on Your World w/Neil Cavuto today on Fox.

Latest posts

Back