one more quick question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawbot

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
if you start the 372xp just to make sure the thing works (new)
and dont turn the chain over the bar, will it hurt the saw not to have bar lube inside? thxs

What are you up to, just put oil in it like you are suposed to, you already bought the saw right? and you plan to use it right?

You can't very well start a saw if you don't turn the chain. If you use the chain break for any amount of time like that your stressing the clutch. Having no oil goint to the pump will do the pump no favors.

You could take the bar and chain off, but that still does nothing for the pump.

Last edited:
Read the owners manual thoroughly and follow the instructions. If you are going to run the saw do so in the proper manner. If you have questions or if you are unsure about something.....ask. You spent a lot of money on a great saw. You do not want to have to get it repaired before you have had a chance to use it.
Also, do you have PPE? If not, you should strongly consider it. It is money well spent.

sawbot said:
if you start the 372xp just to make sure the thing works (new)
and dont turn the chain over the bar, will it hurt the saw not to have bar lube inside? thxs

And you plan on using this saw 11 hours a day? You are in WAAAAY over your head. Is the quick money you think you can make worth getting hurt?

asb151 said:
Also, do you have PPE? If not, you should strongly consider it.

Newfie said:
And you plan on using this saw 11 hours a day? You are in WAAAAY over your head. Is the quick money you think you can make worth getting hurt?

I've already mentioned that.

sawbot said:
...by reading your reply, can i assume you think that i learned nothing at all about PPE, kickback, widow makers, pressure points, ect, when i was in training w/the US FOREST SERVICE?

He'll be alright. :angel:

Jeff

sawbot said:
...by reading your reply, can i assume you think that i learned nothing at all about PPE, kickback, widow makers, pressure points, ect, when i was in training w/the US FOREST SERVICE?

Doesn`t sound like they wasted any time training you on the basics of saw operation.

Pause....take a deep breath....and engage your mind enough to think about who gets hurt if you continue to fire back pompous remarks about your USFS training and then go to the field without proper training and consideration for and use of PPE and how to safely operate a saw. It`s not going to be Newfie or I.

The intrinsic level of your questions suggest that if you really did attend USFS training, you probably shouldn`t be allowed to hold a saw. It is no sin to not know everything and you are in a good place to ask questions, but don`t ask questions that prompt associated remarks and get all huffy because you already "know all that".

Russ

Sawbot no offense but I agree with these guys, it seems like you lack the experiance to run a saw that size. Easy to get hurt. Do you have a small saw or could you borrow one to maybe lear some basics start out small first work youre way up to the bigger one. When I was a kid, and learned how to shot I started with a 22 got the feel of shoting, and the basics, the worked up when I had the experience to a 30-06. Say when I started riding dirt bikes. I started on 125cc then 250cc then got a 480cc, when I had some experience under my belt. My first chainsaw I ever ran was electric. Then I got a 028 with a 16" bar, and so on. But get some experience, dont just dive in inexperienced pople die every day in tree work, very experienced ones too, just dont want to see you get hurt.

timberwolf said:
What are you up to, just put oil in it like you are suposed to, you already bought the saw right? and you plan to use it right?

You can't very well start a saw if you don't turn the chain. If you use the chain break for any amount of time like that your stressing the clutch. Having no oil goint to the pump will do the pump no favors.

You could take the bar and chain off, but that still does nothing for the pump.
Chain brake. BRAKE

Guys, what's the first thing that pops into your mind when someone tells you that they're not cheating you? Why were they thinking about cheating in the first place? Why does an honest man have to tell you he's honest? Also, what does it say to you when someone is defensive, not when accusations are made, but merely things that sound fishy are asked about? Of course, perhaps this is really a 13 year old kid and doesn't know any better. I certainly hope he's not nearing half a century as his profile shows.

Back