One of my helpers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92utownxh

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Had to share this. My wife just picked up our 2 1/2 year old from morning daycare at our local YMCA. She text me to say that someone nearby was running a chainsaw. When our son walked outside he stopped and said chainsaw. Then he said chainsaw, where are you? My wife asked him where it was and he says woods. I guess he kept staring in the direction of the noise looking for it. He loves it.

A couple days ago I went over to my dad's after work to cut up a tree that was down. Filled the truck and trailer with it. Stopped on the way home to get pizza for the family. I pulled in the driveway and my wife and kids were all out playing. The 2 1/2 year old sees me, drops what he's doing and comes running over saying daddy, daddy. Then he saw the firewood...He runs to it and says firewood. He was very excited. He got in the truck and "drove" it to the parking spot.

Anyway, my proud moments. Carry on.

wow. its moments like that that make it all worth it. thanks for sharing :)

Had to share this. My wife just picked up our 2 1/2 year old from morning daycare at our local YMCA. She text me to say that someone nearby was running a chainsaw. When our son walked outside he stopped and said chainsaw. Then he said chainsaw, where are you? My wife asked him where it was and he says woods. I guess he kept staring in the direction of the noise looking for it. He loves it.

A couple days ago I went over to my dad's after work to cut up a tree that was down. Filled the truck and trailer with it. Stopped on the way home to get pizza for the family. I pulled in the driveway and my wife and kids were all out playing. The 2 1/2 year old sees me, drops what he's doing and comes running over saying daddy, daddy. Then he saw the firewood...He runs to it and says firewood. He was very excited. He got in the truck and "drove" it to the parking spot.

Anyway, my proud moments. Carry on.

Be careful. He'll take over all your toys. I lost my tractor to my 8 year old.

2a9001f75fcf3e2d77d19fd872817a20.jpg

He wants a farmall cub in the worst way. And it's sad that Santa is considering it so I get my tractor back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The house I grew up in was right next door to grandma and grandpa, I have amazing memories of heading into the woods to cut firewood, riding in the trailer behind grandpa's model m john deere. When I started going to grade school grandpa's favorite thing to do was move the tractor while I was gone. He knew that as soon as I got off the school bus I would run straight for his house to make sure he had not gone into the woods without me.

Grandpa has been gone 22 years now, but every time I fire up a chainsaw, I know he is riding along with me!

Latest posts

Back