Online ISA TRAQ renewal class. Have you taken it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunrise Guy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
OK, I'm trying to get info on how the exam is administered, after the online class, and when you do your TRAQ report and get it to whomever. If you've taken the online TRAQ renewal class, let me hear from you. I renewed, in person, almost five years ago, and with the lousy info being supplied by ISA on this online class, I really wish I had just waited to sign up for another in-person renewal class.

Only weigh in, here, if you can answer my questions, as above.

Thanks!

OK, I'm trying to get info on how the exam is administered, after the online class, and when you do your TRAQ report and get it to whomever. If you've taken the online TRAQ renewal class, let me hear from you. I renewed, in person, almost five years ago, and with the lousy info being supplied by ISA on this online class, I really wish I had just waited to sign up for another in-person renewal class.

Only weigh in, here, if you can answer my questions, as above.

Thanks!
Sorry to take so long to reply. I haven't been on the site for a while.

I took the online renewal class late spring. The exam for me was administered by a 3rd party proctoring company (Pearson Vue). You have do download their software, which takes over your computer while you write the test. Prior to writing, you have to use your computer camera to show the protor your desk and work area. There can't be anything on the desk or walls that can be perceived as information for cheating. Then while you write, your computer camera has to watch your face at all times. There are stories of people having to sit in their bathrooms to write the exam because it was the only acceptable space for the proctor.

The field portion is pretty easy, you have 90 days after the course. Just go pick a tree, decide on areas of concern, pick targets and write up the sheets accordingly. Take pictures. I went to a park, picked a tree, picked the targets (playground and parking area), picked some concerns (included bark, dead branches) and wrote it up. Just write up what you see. They want to know you can follow the process. Sending in the data is pretty easy.

Back