Only 41 seconds. Watch to the end.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!
Was thinking a bunch of snakes, Hornet nest or beehive maybe- but wow! :surprised3:
The logger I know cut one down that had a mother bear and 2 cubs.
I cut up 2 black snakes in a hollow tree in 2014.
The wife flipped out. I didn't know a woman could run so fast backwards across a cow pasture.

1609783099199.png

Home Wrecker.
On an orphan, yet? He/she is just coming on a yearling
I wonder why the...what looks like cottonwood poles were .. well ..were pounded in the top of the Hemlock???????? Weird! Was that rookie mentality?(that guy Is a big time rookie BTW) Maybe they saw the bear tracks from the snow leading out and didn't have enough nuts to get down on the bottom side and poke a stick in there and yell "wakey wakey, Mother bear" ?
They do wake up a bit dormant. Cubs always sleep deeper through protection
of their nature. (Well I wouldn't nut up to that either)
Perhaps mother woke from the felling activity and was just around checking it out.? As viscous as a black bear Mother sow is ..or a grizzly on a bad-bad day or a bull moose in the rut,: My experience is a pipped chainsaw rules all, over all. .Was running my Simonized 372 on a G & O job in the north in the rut.
This particular incident was about in 2007-8. I shut down to fuel up and instantly I could hear a moose rutting towards me..
Then I could see him on a mission.
I knew he wasn't thrashing and looking for a fight ,either. That was the scary part.
They have been known to ram a train in the rut, man.
It was a steep hillside and I snapped the saw into motion then quickly fired a few pencils his way and, 'run him down'

Let it be known, I did eventually move off the continent, butt unscathed *smiles*

On an orphan, yet? He/she is just coming on a yearling
I wonder why the...what looks like cottonwood poles were .. well ..were pounded in the top of the Hemlock???????? Weird! Was that rookie mentality?(that guy Is a big time rookie BTW) Maybe they saw the bear tracks from the snow leading out and didn't have enough nuts to get down on the bottom side and poke a stick in there and yell "wakey wakey, Mother bear" ?
They do wake up a bit dormant. Cubs always sleep deeper through protection
of their nature. (Well I wouldn't nut up to that either)
Perhaps mother woke from the felling activity and was just around checking it out.? As viscous as a black bear Mother sow is ..or a grizzly on a bad-bad day or a bull moose in the rut,: My experience is a pipped chainsaw rules all, over all. .Was running my Simonized 372 on a G & O job in the north in the rut.
This particular incident was about in 2007-8. I shut down to fuel up and instantly I could hear a moose rutting towards me..
Then I could see him on a mission.
I knew he wasn't thrashing and looking for a fight ,either. That was the scary part.
They have been known to ram a train in the rut, man.
It was a steep hillside and I snapped the saw into motion then quickly fired a few pencils his way and, 'run him down'

Let it be known, I did eventually move off the continent, butt unscathed *smiles*
Cool story. Thank you

Lucky little bear! The little bugger was climing up the outside and was ready to go up the tree by nature. Luckily,forward motion is a thing. He came from a hole on the low side of the tree. I love how instinctive animals are compared to humans.
Maybe he/she didn't clear the stump by 3 metres on time but at least it took a quick look back for danger..AND it's only a young teen. Old enough to make it on it's own but should be living another 5-7 months with Mum, yet.

I have seen pure white ones of the black bear species that live in the north west coast of BC. ( kemote bear.) Natives call it the 'Ghost bear'. In that area you may also see them in a cinnamon, orange tinge, grey or blue tinge.
Think I have seen most all colours at one point but I have never seen (or heard of) one in my life like this one with a white patch on it's chest? That's is a first.

I meet a Raven when I was heli-falling and turns out it was smarter than any trainee.
Well maybe he couldn't text as well...but then again..neither could I.

I wonder why the...what looks like cottonwood poles were .. well ..were pounded in the top of the Hemlock????????
I believe they drove them in there knowing the bear was in there to keep it under them until they cut it down. If you notice the bear came up beside them.

Latest posts

Back