Only takes 30 seconds to have a saw stolen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechanickeven

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Today is one of the worse days of my life. I was going out to my friends camp in upper Michigan to clear a fire break around his cabin and my husky 45 fell outta the box of my truck. MY step daughters were loading some thing in the box of my truck, then proceeded to argue over who had to close the tail gate. Going in the house and watching a worthless Mary Kate and Ashley movie was more important than my saw I guess. I would've:mad::mad: done everything myself, but I can't be omnipresent. By lions park in Hancock,MI it fell out. The wife turned around less than 4 blocks later and went back and it was already swiped. Even since I was 7 and my father got his 380b I have wanted a husky of my own. This saw was one of the only dreams I have actually gotten to fulfill in my life. But thanks to some jerk the dream is dead. I cant afford another saw now and I don't think my old homelite super ez ao is gonna cut it for what i gotta do. I allays loved that 45, good balance of power and size, light too. So much for dreams. I work my finger to the bone and bleed to get that saw. Only got to enjoy it for 6 months. Too bad they are almost impossible to find used.

I feel you pain, sorry for you loss. When I got married over 25 years ago my wife felt sorry for me and my worn out saw. She went and got me a brand new 032, had it for years and years and some SOB took it out of my truck while my wife was at the store with our kids. I never did buy another 032, just moved on.

well it is a good excuse to get something newer/better

sorry man, that is terrible and hope you find it.

Sorry to hear about that. And a POX on the guy that picked it up!

Come to think about this do any of you engrave your saws with like your name or licence number? - like so it's really obvious?

But thanks to some jerk the dream is dead.

Sorry about the unfortunate situation but I think this is a bit harsh, you didn't exactly have the saw stolen off you. You dropped it in the street!

The person who found the saw, which you lost, could be looking to get it back to to you somehow.

I found a wallet with over 300 bucks in it early one morning and didn't have a phone on me and was rushing to get to work. It was a little while before I could contact the owner and return the wallet intact but she did eventually get it back.

Sorry about the unfortunate situation but I think this is a bit harsh, you didn't exactly have the saw stolen off you. You dropped it in the street!

The person who found the saw, which you lost, could be looking to get it back to to you somehow.

:agree2:

I would never steal a chainsaw but if I saw one laying in the road I would sure pick it up and report it to the police. Check with the police and pawn shop and run a ad in the local paper in the lost and found. Either way it is a big loss to you and I am very sorry.

Eric

Sorry to hear about your bad day.
But really, It's no ones fault but
your own. Close the tailgate next
time. The person who found it could
have waited for your return but they
wouldn't have any idea as to when and
if you would come back.

Lee

Sounds like something you bought recently and it's a model 45? I don't remember that one. Try the advice given by the other members and if that doesn't turn up your saw in a couple weeks, contact me.

I was in a saw shop the other day and a guy showed up with a saw he found in the road. It had the shop's sticker on it.
The shop had the serial # and receipt on file and called the saw's owner.
That was one happy kid that took the phone call. He had lost his Dad's saw 3 days earlier.
I hope you make out as well.
The ironic thing was that the guy who found the saw, and returned it, had one of his stolen out of his truck 2 weeks earlier.
It seems that good people remain good people, regardless of circumstances.

Last edited:
Is that something you can turn into your insurance??? Not sure how that would work out but it was "attached to your truck. I know if my Bobcat comes off my trailer they will cover it:confused:

Hope you find it that sucks. I know how it is with kids they can make you forget anything. I once was filling my wood boiler and the kids were out there fighting about something. Long story short I forgot to close the door all together boiled all the water out I am lucky it did not trash it.

Today is one of the worse days of my life. I was going out to my friends camp in upper Michigan to clear a fire break around his cabin and my husky 45 fell outta the box of my truck. MY step daughters were loading some thing in the box of my truck, then proceeded to argue over who had to close the tail gate. Going in the house and watching a worthless Mary Kate and Ashley movie was more important than my saw I guess. I would've:mad::mad: done everything myself, but I can't be omnipresent. By lions park in Hancock,MI it fell out. The wife turned around less than 4 blocks later and went back and it was already swiped. Even since I was 7 and my father got his 380b I have wanted a husky of my own. This saw was one of the only dreams I have actually gotten to fulfill in my life. But thanks to some jerk the dream is dead. I cant afford another saw now and I don't think my old homelite super ez ao is gonna cut it for what i gotta do. I allays loved that 45, good balance of power and size, light too. So much for dreams. I work my finger to the bone and bleed to get that saw. Only got to enjoy it for 6 months. Too bad they are almost impossible to find used.
sorry to hear this i feel for you really do

hopefully the person that found it turned it into the law enforcement

cause there are still honest people out there

Last edited:
You lost it. It wasn't stolen.
Whoever taught the person to do a job (close the toolbox and check it) properly has some responsibility. Either in the training or checking that the the job is done. Also the driver of the load.

What if it had fallen into a Mercedes and they were suing you for $5,000?

Post a missing chainsaw poster with an appropriate reward.

I've found a lot of "stuff" in the streets. Once I found a $20 bill outside the US treasury in DC.
My last good find was a bunch of floor tile that must have fallen off a truck, I kept it for a bit but no one posted they lost it so I redid a floor. I've found passports, purses and wallets and always got them back to their owners. And I've lost stuff and it's gotten back to me.

I feel ya! At least they did'nt take it out of the truck cab like they did mine!:cry:

Similar to another post in thread, a friend of mine had a husqvarna saw fall out of his truck. Someone picked it up and took to a husqvarna dealer, where the serial # was looked up and they called him to come get the saw.

Slim chance, but maybe this will happen for ya.

I have a 1998 49 husqvarna that I still use regularly. Good av, light weight, and no problems with it. Same saw as the 45 you lost, just more cc's in the chassis.

Good luck...don't be to hard on the kids.

Auto Insurance Claim

File a claim, make sure you tell them is was stolen out of the back of your truck, which it kind of was!

Latest posts

Back