OOHHH! how the mighty 361 hath 'fallen!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if we all agreed that the redmax was faster and better than the stihl,
would this end?:dizzy:

looks like that will be the only way.

Naaaaaaaaaa if we agreed on everything there would be nothing to talk about. I say argu it to the death and then some in spirit,LOLOL

Nope, Husky just bought them for some reason - and the quality is way above what you imagine when saying Sears.......

Redmax isn't a bad product at all. They make a helluva blower but it weighs over 30 pounds. Their saws and trimmers look ok to me from what I've seen but problem is the ones I've seen have been at the shop. People looking for parts of which I don't have any. Same ole deal where I live, no dealers anywhere for Redmax..

WanaB ya did good ole boy but you forgot the ear factor man. Ya gotta make both those saws groan, not just one, remember that or have no sound in your vid, dayumm I'm gonna have to come teach how to make which ever saw you want to win look legit and sound legit. Gonna cost ya though, I don't work cheap but I produce good results, ya just gotta tell me which one is suppose to win,LOLOL

hee, hee, if i could run a saw like you ol' boy, well i wouldnt be sitting here now.

:cheers:

hee, hee, if i could run a saw like you ol' boy, well i wouldnt be sitting here now.

:cheers:

You may have fooled some but not eye sayth the blind man,LOLOL

You did pretty good, proud of ya. Turn the sound off next time,LOLOL

How do you figure?

The 361 cut slightly slower while maintaining more rpms. The 621 cut faster because you pushed it through the cut.

Trust me, I am NOT the biggest fan of the 361 at all.

For instance what these 2 vids of mine. The 660 cuts faster than the 441 because I pushed it through the cut.

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg180/jrprock1234/?action=view¤t=MOV01482.flv

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg180/jrprock1234/?action=view¤t=MOV01480.flv
I am not a huge 361 fan also but it is a very good saw! I like to joke with the Stihl aficionados. But really not much difference from other 60cc saw's.I must say out of the box or dealers hands the 361 is probably the best performance wise,yes I have run one. I was visiting a good friend that has one last fall, He had about 7 cords worth of wood yes seven cords.We cut up in a single day,he was using my modded 2159 and I was using his 361.Non of us wanted to give the others saw back! It was fun all the wood was from 12''-18''I kept saying dam this is a smooth Stihl and he was saying dam this Jred screams.

Redmax isn't a bad product at all. They make a helluva blower but it weighs over 30 pounds. Their saws and trimmers look ok to me from what I've seen but problem is the ones I've seen have been at the shop. People looking for parts of which I don't have any. Same ole deal where I live, no dealers anywhere for Redmax..

Another reason 1 sec. doesn't mean shat!!!

A lot more goes into a saw purchase/observation than it cuts faster!!!

Dealer support being a paramount reason!!!

hmmm!

:hmm3grin2orange:

I use the 361 for maybe 75-80% of my cutting in a normal year (was about 90%, but the options are better now) - not because it is the fastest or the lightest saw in the inventory - but just because it always feels right, unless the trees are really small.

I really consider getting another one, before they are all gone, due to EPA etc.

True I went Jred for that reason plus they look better:) But my buddy who lives in B.C has a great Stihl Dealer. I told him all about my problem trying to get a air filter for the 041 super I sold him. Well just so happens he could not get a spare were he lives, dealer said it would be 4/5 day's. That's way better than my 4/5 weeks!

Well Rich to be totally honest looking and LISTENING to Wanab's vid those saws are pretty close performance wise, in fact real close. Someone slip me a 10.00 bill and I could make either one a second faster than the other and they would both sound the same.

Far as support behind the product yes I would agree 100% there, it counts for alot to the buyer. To prove it had a man walk in this morning needing a fuel cap for his Echo backpack blower he bought 10 years ago. He'd been all over town looking for a mere fuel cap. Thats got to be agervating as hell. I told him sorry, I only carry Stihl parts. He goes I know but I thought I would give you a try, I've been everywhere. I didn't knock his blower at all, in fact I felt bad for the old guy...

I use the 361 for maybe 75-80% of my cutting in a normal year (was about 90%, but the options are better now) - not because it is the fastest or the lightest saw in the inventory - but just because it always feels right, unless the trees are really small.

I really consider getting another one, before they are all gone, due to EPA etc.
You gotta make more use out of that 353 you have:) My 2152 is starting to grow on me.

Damn alternate life-style saw users.:greenchainsaw:

LOLOLOL, hey wait a minute, I got some Dolmars and Huskies, but wait, I'm safe, only go to the woods with Stihl. Why did I buy those other brands, hmmmmmmmmmm its Sawtrolls fault, I gotta blame someone may as well be him,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I see your a man that doesn't believe in excuses and I like that alot. Therefore tomorrow should I take my 361 out behind the barn and saw rings around my 372 and do so on va ditty o there will be no excuses from you, correct? There will be none of this you did it on purpose, you held up on the 372 while you made the 361 cut. You will say simply the 361 outcut that 372 no questions asked, correct? Should you hear the 372 holding its Rpms to the point of almost free wheeling in the cut from me holding up on it and you hear the 361 groan abit from me pushing it a tad you will not bring any of that into it, you will say merely yes, that 361 outcut that 372, correct? No excuses will seap from your jaws, correct? Space if you answered yes to all my questions I can not only promise you but assure you as well my 361 will indeed outcut my 372 every single time tomorrow, remember it was you ha ha'ing because someone questioned the operator based on what they heard, surely you know I wouldn't operate neither saw differently regardless of what your ears hear,correct, say yes fool,LOLOLOLOLOL

I say you're full of it. I wouldn't complain about the video at all. :) Incidentally, didn't you just get through saying the other day that you wouldn't talk about the 372 any more?

I say you're full of it. I wouldn't complain about the video at all. :) Incidentally, didn't you just get through saying the other day that you wouldn't talk about the 372 any more?

Ha, sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I used the 372 as a example, nothing more...

Back