OOOOPS I did it again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Woody

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Picked up another 6401 from the Depot for $205 plus tax. Although the bar and chain were new, he gave me (for free) a second new 20" carlton bar and new chain as well as a quart of bar oil.

It checked out at 165 psi compression.

He had 1 more but how many 6401's can a guy have?:rockn:

I would tell you to buy it for me, but I just ordered a shinny new 7900 and a 5100. They thought that they would be in today, but no such luck. Maybe tomorrow.

I have been watching Ebay and the 6401's seem to go between 250-300. There is one on now that includes a 7900 piston and jug that was listed before or the guy is selling several. I think his reserve was 400.00 last time and it sold around 460.00. My guess is that he is buying them from HD and has found a deal on pistons and cylinders.

For 200.00, I will probably pick one up when my HD has some to sell, although I do not know why, I guess I am addicted.

Jim

I talked to a couple of HD rental guys around the NE. They told me the time to buy the rental saws is december. After people get through firewood in the fall it is time to sell the saws that have endured their homedepot tour of duty. The higer ups at some corporate office set exactly how many months a saw needs to be available for rental before it is automatically put up for sale.

Does anyone know of these rental home depots in central ohio? We have a home depot in my town but not sure if they rent or not. That makes sense to me bout december being the time to snag one!

The interesting thing is that the guy showed me the computer screen with the rental information. They had been rented between 25 to 50 times with a rental income around $900 TO $1100.

Just talked to my local Depot guy and he will call me when the sale happens here. Looks like $205 + tax also. Get this they are not allowed to sharpen chain anymore so they throw dull ones away! Looks like I will be presented with a box of 20 in chains soon enough!:cheers:

Back