opinion on buying new husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny27

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i am going to be buying a new husqvarna,i will be using it for clearing trees around ppls homes and land, also for firewood cutting, and if i move to somewhere that has bigger trees, i would want an all around good saw, i was thinking of the 575xp, or should i go to the 385xp , or 395xp, or should i just go ahead and get the 3120 xp, i know that is probally to much saw and not needed, but i have a stihl 045 av right now, for my current saw, thank you

There is no such thing as an alround chainsaw, but the closest :greenchainsaw: you can get in the Husky line-up is probably the 372xp, if you can find one......

close

SawTroll said:
There is no such thing as an alround chainsaw, but the closest :greenchainsaw: you can get in the Husky line-up is probably the 372xp, if you can find one......
Like sawtroll said the 372 is very close to all around saw. I love mine even mill with it from time to time.

i have a 25 inch bar (24) on the stihl, probally no bigger than 32" , 28 seems about right , thanks guys, if i ever move back to wash , they have some good size thier

johnny27 said:
i have a 25 inch bar (24) on the stihl, probally no bigger than 32" , 28 seems about right , thanks guys, if i ever move back to wash , they have some good size thier

372 should work for you, but since you're used to a heavier saw anyway, you might want to look at the soon-to-be-released Husqvarna 390. It is, more or less, the 385 with a few more ccs. That would be a very quick 24-32" saw, and would be capable of running even more bar than that out on the west coast.

oh yeah i got it for free froma fellow co worker works great, he said it was about 32 yrs old, and it looks like it is five yrs old hardly any wear on it

husqvarna website says the 575xp is thier step up from the 372xp thats why i was considering this one, i just want to buy 1 saw and not be dissappointed , and end up having to get another one later, you know what i mean? kinda a major purchase for me and want the best bang for your buck, i appreciate all the info and opinions, just need a little reasurance that im going to get the right one,

johnny27 said:
blis you from finland? you heard town called JOKELA?

its not a actual town, its part of tuusula (i believe) which is near helsinki... and yes, im from finland...

ohh, so youre family is one of those immigrant families who came to america in 1920´s or something?

not sure dont really know anything about my family(sad i know) but i knew jokela is finnish, and thier was a place in finland with the name jokela, ill have to ask more about my family history, just thought it was cool to talk with someone from finland,

johnny27 said:
husqvarna website says the 575xp is thier step up from the 372xp thats why i was considering this one, i just want to buy 1 saw and not be dissappointed , and end up having to get another one later, you know what i mean? kinda a major purchase for me and want the best bang for your buck, i appreciate all the info and opinions, just need a little reasurance that im going to get the right one,

They can say it is a step up from their 372 all they want, but few would agree. If you do a bit of reading on the 575 around here, you'll see all the facts and controversy and all. I do think that most would agree that if you can score a new 372 then it is a better choice than a new 575.

Your 045 lists at 18.5 lbs with a 13" bar.

Back