opinions on newused saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scratchedup

Reaction score
.046 mag. off ebay-

Started right up-
Requesting input on how to determine condition and how to slightly renovate... it did seem to bog a bit more then I expected...compression?

L1120766.jpg

L1120768.jpg

L1120770.jpg

THX

Have you attempted to tune?

No I just looked at piston and intake for condition. It seems to run ok. Started up with little difficulty. I'd like to check the compression. Is this done with a traditional automotive gage?

No I just looked at piston and intake for condition. It seems to run ok. Started up with little difficulty. I'd like to check the compression. Is this done with a traditional automotive gage?

Yup. I'd have checked it before forking over $ though.

Looks almost like it's been over-dosed with oil, from the heavy deposits in the muffler.

At least you need an attachment that is made for small two cycles, or you will get a low reading....

Man, it looks like the cylinder is good but that thing looks like it has lots of time on it and the exhaust port definitely needs carbon removed.

I'd pull the cylinder, replace the piston (while I'm there), decarbon everything, clean her up real good, pull the seals and replace, go through the fuel system (including new fuel line, impulse line, carb kit, and fuel filter), then (if it passed a vac/pressure) run it like I stole it.....

Latest posts

Back