Opinions wanted: Hazard oak tree felling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 lbs of SEMTEX. I dont know how you guys get this stuff. I have contacted the indiana state DNR, some mining agencies, and basically, they tell me there is no way an individual like me can get explosives for a legitimate use.

I have been clearing alot of old pasture ground, all kinds of stumps...hundreds of them, so i wanted to blast some out.

Plus there are some remnants of the old oil field days left out there, concrete pilings and pillars, sandstone blocks..all that need blasted...and i cant get the stuff.

But anyway, the tree is down, along with a couple hundred others, and that 1/4 mile of fencerow is clear now! :D

Originally posted by mboln52000
2 lbs of SEMTEX. I dont know how you guys get this stuff. I have contacted the indiana state DNR, some mining agencies, and basically, they tell me there is no way an individual like me can get explosives for a legitimate use.

I have been clearing alot of old pasture ground, all kinds of stumps...hundreds of them, so i wanted to blast some out.

Plus there are some remnants of the old oil field days left out there, concrete pilings and pillars, sandstone blocks..all that need blasted...and i cant get the stuff.

But anyway, the tree is down, along with a couple hundred others, and that 1/4 mile of fencerow is clear now! :D

ive just got some IRISH pals who can get it for me:D

Before things became all "homeland security" if you have a mining claim you could get ahold of Tovex for sure and we always used Kinnepac on the forest, maybe they're a littlew more reasonable out West.

Latest posts

Back