options on pulled out bar stud

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfun27

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Good evening all just picked up a Stihl 034 and it has a bar stud pulled out haven't got the saw here yet to look for my self but a buddy said to Timesert it said a Helicoil might not hold it any advise would be greatly appreciated

Thank you Simonizer I will as soon as I get it here as for the case I might take that stab gotta learn right?? Also my buddy is a Guru pretty nice guy!!!!!

Stihl actually has an oversize bar stud to be used when this happens. I have the number around hers someplace, see if I can locate it again.
Try this #, it might still be good, 1115 664 2405.
should be 10m x 1.5 on the pad side and the regular 8m X 1.25 on the bar end.

Stihl actually has an oversize bar stud to be used when this happens. I have the number around hers someplace, see if I can locate it again.
Try this #, it might still be good, 1115 664 2405.
should be 10m x 1.5 on the pad side and the regular 8m X 1.25 on the bar end.
Yep
That's an 056 stud

Here's a fix I've used on 056 Magnums, the end of the bar studs on the 045 /056 saws are accessible from behind the muffler, the 034 on the other hand has bar studs that penetrate the oil tank, if its the front stud that's pulled on your 034, it would be possible to have a bar stud made as per the one pictured with the nut fitted from the inside of the oil tank.....If its the rear stud that's pulled the same fix could be applied with a small amount of grinding to the cast webbing either side of the rear stud, this webbing also needs to be considered if drilling and tapping to a 10M stud.
056 bar studs 001.JPG

Yep
That's an 056 stud

Good to know, I just bought studs many years back and kept the number, I did the drill out and tap myself and it worked great, far as I know the saws are still in service, just told the owner he did not need a power bar to set the nuts, just gave him a Stihl OEM scrench to do that with.

Latest posts

Back