Oranges to Oranges...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffGu

Antagonist/Heckler
Reaction score
Prices are listed MSRP or just what I could quickly find online... only saws in the professional series for each OEM are shown, and the list is built around a few saws that I actually own, but I thought someone might find the information useful. Echo doesn't list their HP ratings on their site. When you compare models that are the most similar in class, the differences on paper are a lot closer than a lot of chainsaw ranting would lead you to believe. I have my own preferences, but you could drop any of these saws off on my front porch and I wouldn't have a bad thing to say about any of them, really.

SawCompare-50-60-80.jpg

I have a Shindaiwa professional grade, straight shaft weedwhacker that I bought new about 8 years ago... still looks like new, starts easy, great power. It's the only Shindaiwa product I own, but it's pro grade stuff, for sure. Never used one of their chainsaws, but they're popular in Japan.

I think the Dolmar PS-7910 can be had for less then listed in the OP in the US.

In my area that price is on the upper end but about right and will include a 20" B&C.

I keep looking at a NOS PS-7900 listed at a little over 1000$ at a dealer web shop.
I am so glad I found and bougth mine used but in very good condition, it is an awesome saw.

I like the price of the Dolmar PS-6100, it is much more expensive in my area!

Back