Oregon half skip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does Oregon make half skip ROUND ground chain? I can find their square ground but if they are making round ground then I must be missing it. I hit up Archer but they completely missed the point of my question and was trying to sell me semi chisel as semi skip (half skip) so I'm guessing they don't offer it either.

I was planning to buy one loop of Archer from one of our members chisel-full comp and wanting to try half skip as well to compare them and see which I prefer.

. I hit up Archer but they completely missed the point of my question and was trying to sell me semi chisel as semi skip (half skip) so I'm guessing they don't offer it either.

Haha, that's hilarious

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

I don't think Oregon makes it. Just the CK like you mentioned in square grind. They make full skip, that won't work for you? JG, JGX, and EXJ. Husky H47S, H48S. I have some 48S and 47S.

Does Oregon make half skip ROUND ground chain? I can find their square ground but if they are making round ground then I must be missing it. I hit up Archer but they completely missed the point of my question and was trying to sell me semi chisel as semi skip (half skip) so I'm guessing they don't offer it either.

I was planning to buy one loop of Archer from one of our members chisel-full comp and wanting to try half skip as well to compare them and see which I prefer.
You may try the square ground chain but sharpen with a round file.

I don't think Oregon makes it. Just the CK like you mentioned in square grind. They make full skip, that won't work for you? JG, JGX, and EXJ. Husky H47S, H48S. I have some 48S and 47S.
The reason I was looking at half skip is because it's suppose to be easier to bore with or so I have heard.

full skip almost as fast, smoother, less teeth to sharpen. This isn't just tests between 7 and 8 pin but also full comp and full skip.

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet and compare the numbers. The two main reasons for semi skip was smoother to bore with than skip but not as much drag on the power as full comp since I will be losing power at high evel. I haven't had a chance to test out the 372 and who knows it may be fine to pull full comp.which would save me having to buy skip or semi skip.

see attached.

this is a test I did a while back. I custom made half skip in 404 and 3/8 chains by taking full comp apart. It was very time consuming and expensive to make these chains.

semi skip is a little smoother. I do like it and it is my favorite chain. But as far as finding any. good luck. That said if I was working in the woods day in day out with a big saw 046 and up. I would run .404 full skip. Lasts way longer than 3/8ths. Smooth. Not many cutters to sharpen.

The double skip was like 2 open drive links instead of one? Very very smooth but felt stupid slow.

Attachments

• 28 375 vs 404.jpg
    28 375 vs 404.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back