Oregon hyper skip chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only size carried by the local shops is 404x 063 Ripping chain not a common size/use have no saws that require that size so will not be able to comment

I have a loop of it that I bought accidentally online. A hyper skip or super skip chain can be used for two things. Either someone is using an underpowered saw to mill, or they are chain milling an extremely long distance. Hyper skip chain has very few teeth on it, thus it takes less power per foot of bar to run when compared to regular complement milling chain. This would be why some might use it on super small saws for milling. Even still, it would be recommended that a larger saw be acquired. The chain is primarily designed for use in Lucas chain Mills. These Mills can have some ridiculous width capabilities. However, if a tooth is taking .03" bite across a 10'+ cut, that's a lot of chips. By removing a bunch of teeth, it makes room for the chips to flow, thus allowing the cut to continue. Hope this helps

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Howdy,
When we developed the 27RX, it was to reduce side load. With an Alaskan mill, the mill is braced against the log to absorb the side load of the chain pulling at the log. Slabbing machines run on tracks and aren't braced against the log. Using a chain with more teeth, or increasing the feed rate will try to pull the mill off the tracks, or the log off the bunks.
Regards
Gregg

Latest posts

Back