OT - bid sniping on eBay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnbear

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone here use an online bid sniping service on eBay. Any recommendations as to one to use (or NOT use). I have an item I'd like to try it on tonight.
Finnbear

Bid sniping - using a proxy bidding programme to put a bid in in the less few seconds of an auction whether you're there or not.

I use Bidnapper

I would like to know if I place a max bid of lets say $100, but at the time
I have the high bid for $50, with sniping you can't get for less the
$100 of my max bid can you?

When I bid on something 99% of the time I bid the most
I'm willing to give and forget it, so I don't get caught up
in a bidding WAR ;)

in a bidding WAR ;)

If the item is at $50 and you've bid $100 and no one bids against you when it ends you'll get it for $50. If someone is bidding against you they will have to beat your bid of $100. If they were to bid $90 on it the price would go up to $90 for you even if they did'nt outbid your $100

something i do quite often is figure out my max bid, say $100.

then, i'll add one or three dollars to that number.

most people bid maxs in even increments, so mine is usually higher

I sign in on ebay with 2 to 3 windows. I have my very max bid on one. I have all set up to place the bid with one click. So if I get out bid with one I just click the bid on the other window. Works great with DSL and I do not have to use a sniper site.
Bob

I've used Auctionsniper... for a couple of years...

Almost no point in bidding unless you do. I set mine to 5 seconds.. Good luck if you are bidding against me!

I just set mine with the max I want to pay, and forget it. I get an email if I've won or lost. I win mostly, but if I don't the other guy pays dearly:)

in a bidding WAR ;)

If no one runs the bid up close to your max you will get it for a buck or so over the next highest bidder!!!!

I'm with Lake, set it and forget it I got some sweet deals using snipers. I love bidnapper !!! I have swiped some serious stuff from other bidders last second leaving then scratching ther heads :dizzy:

I'm with Lake, set it and forget it I got some sweet deals using snipers. I love bidnapper !!! I have swiped some serious stuff from other bidders last second leaving then scratching ther heads :dizzy:

:deadhorse: If I have a max bid of $100 your bidnapper can not get
it for you for less than my $100 max bid............Correct.

So what happened with your snipe?

Anyone here use an online bid sniping service on eBay. Any recommendations as to one to use (or NOT use). I have an item I'd like to try it on tonight.
Finnbear

Finn...what were you looking at? Did you pick a sniper service? I know it has happened to me before. Just interested in your experience.:popcorn:

Latest posts

Back