• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Saw case for Stihl 024

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkbr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone have any leads on one of the old Stihl cases like the one pictured below for sale? I have an 024AV that i'd like to pair with one of these older hard plastic cases with the brass loop buckles. I've exausted the typical leads of Ebay, Marketplace, and Craigslist.

1709335184707.png

I've got one that came with an 024 I bought a few years back. Heck, I'm pretty sure I have the original 024 manual and files that came with it new.

Attachments

• PXL_20240302_042729100.jpg
    PXL_20240302_042729100.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240302_042836347.jpg
    PXL_20240302_042836347.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Big thank you to dudz3636. We were able to make a deal on the case I was looking for and it got delivered yesterday afternoon. Impressive results form the site as well. I made the original post on a Friday and had the part in hand the following Wednesday.

1709817916315.png

Big thank you to dudz3636. We were able to make a deal on the case I was looking for and it got delivered yesterday afternoon. Impressive results form the site as well. I made the original post on a Friday and had the part in hand the following Wednesday.

View attachment 1159893
Be very careful of the hinges on these cases, I have a few that had belonged to others, got them through saw deals and they all have broken hinge pins or supports. The latches seem to hold up better if not over stressed..

Be very careful of the hinges on these cases, I have a few that had belonged to others, got them through saw deals and they all have broken hinge pins or supports. The latches seem to hold up better if not over stressed..
You are correct I got to thinking about this thread today and dug one out. The far right hinge is broken at the lower part.

Great the OP found what he needed but too bad I could not supply as I am 2 hrs from him.

Based on my interactions with the buyer, I have a great deal of confidence he will be smarter than the case. I still own one, and have sold two (one to the OP). None had broken hinges. I don't live in a forgiving climate, either (northern MN).

Latest posts

Back