our firewood craziness.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, every dead standing tree makes me think, instant heat. To me it is fun, I don't dread cutting or splitting. The right equipment makes the difference too, much more enjoyable bucking logs with my MS440 than the old Super XL Auto. That thing would get so hot the gas would boil. Just picked up a MS660 powerhead, can't wait to get it together and go to town!!! I got a couple firewood buddies too, wife just shakes her head when we get together and talk wood.....lol

I wander off to the garage to play with saws, sharpen chains, mix fuel, dress a bar, there is always something to do, and my wife says "off to visit your mistresses in the garage again?
I also tend to seek out more firewood than I can handle. Several large tree's blew down on my parents property recently and I have cut most of it up.
My old man told me he didnt want me to wear out my saws and I said "Its fine...... that just means I get to pull them apart and fix them.

I find both the cutting of the wood, splitting it and working on the saws therapeutic. Probably because I grew up on the land and now spend my days cooped up in a small room under lights behind a computer at work.
Its just me, the saw and the wood and I enjoy it.

My wife tells me I am crazy but also says she wont mind too much come winter when we will be warm as toast!

Yeah, every dead standing tree makes me think, instant heat. To me it is fun, I don't dread cutting or splitting. The right equipment makes the difference too, much more enjoyable bucking logs with my MS440 than the old Super XL Auto. That thing would get so hot the gas would boil. Just picked up a MS660 powerhead, can't wait to get it together and go to town!!! I got a couple firewood buddies too, wife just shakes her head when we get together and talk wood.....lol
i wonder if the girls talk wood when they get together?:laughing:

My kids make fun of me because every time we're out and I see a dead tree, I usually mutter something about it. Now they beat me to the punch, and point them out to me. It's become kind of a game of "who can spot the firewood first".

Latest posts

Back