Our Little Firewood Operation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the same boat as you, just a daughter. She hates hauling firewood, the only thing that gets here going is the promise of a rootbeer float at Sonic on the way home. If it wasnt for that, I doubt that I could get her to carry a single stick of wood to the trailer.
I let her run the splitter controls for awhile, but after almost taking my arm off, I decided to wait until another youngen comes along, hopefully a boy this time.:clap:

My daughter is 4, and so far she loves helping "do firewoods". I hope she stays interested, and I hope my 9 month old son will be as interested when he gets older.

Nice stack and good on the little guy for helping! I hope my five month old grows up to wanna help Dad get da wood :)

Tes

I am in the same boat as you, just a daughter. She hates hauling firewood, the only thing that gets here going is the promise of a rootbeer float at Sonic on the way home. If it wasnt for that, I doubt that I could get her to carry a single stick of wood to the trailer.
I let her run the splitter controls for awhile, but after almost taking my arm off, I decided to wait until another youngen comes along, hopefully a boy this time.:clap:

My lil girl just turned a year old, so it'll be a while to see if she will help me with the wood. I do know that she don't like the sound of my saws...unless she is being held by someone and can see what's going on...hopefully that'll wear-off as she gets older. And yeah, I'm hoping God sees fit that we can have a boy-child the next go-around...I dearly love my girl, but I'd also like a boy.

Kevin

You and your son can both be proud of all that firewood.I just had Daughters,no Sons andthey ask once in a while why we can't just buy oil to heat with,it's not that I can't buy it,I'm contrary and won't as long as my health holds out and I'm able.You can get rid and over a lot of frustrations buy doing hard work

I know what ya mean. It seems like my electric "Budget" payment keeps going up each year. Its currently at $257 a month and getting ready to go up again. We were just burning casually in the fireplace on weekends and evenings to help take a little bite off but I finally broke down and bought an older model stove to use until we can afford either a wood furnace or boiler. Like yourself I plan on heating with wood as long as my health permits. :cheers:

Back