Out with the old...In with the new...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boundaryh20

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First, I would like to thank folks here on this site...ya all turned me into an addicted lurker...

Choices came down to the Husky 357xp and the Stihl MS361. My other Stihl I bought in 1993...still going.

All I can say is the "She sure cuts"...

It is alot lighter than the Jonsered 70E...starts better also!

Wasn't sure how well it was doing in the locust tree I needed to cut down, until I grabbed my old Stihl 026...didn't even bother with starting the Jonsered.

One and a half tanks of gas in her...

And, what's the deal...it hardly uses any chain oil? The chain/bar appear to be fine.

Bryan

361s are semi-infamous around here for having weak oilers. I came up with a simple mod that maxes out the oiler's capacity but it will likely void your warranty if the dealer is a stickler. My ignition module went out after I had mine ported and my dealer didn't even mention that it seemed loud, replaced it on warranty no questions asked. http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=50735

Ian

Another happy club member. :cheers:

Mine kept getting stronger and stronger as it broke in. You'll like it even better after a few more tanks of mix.

Everybody here says the 361 really hits its stride after a muffler mod. I'll find out for myself after the warranty ends....

Back