Over Fertilization?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rolla- you're not alone. I can take you about anywhere around here and show you trees that have been installed half out of the ground and then a mulch volcano put around them. The other favorite(NOT) I've seen is a new mulch ring edged in around the tree and the edging dirt is just piled up against the tree-it must not take as much mulch to make the volcano that way:confused: .
Not that I'm trying to sound racist but I never remember seeing either of the those two problems before we had an international labor force. Is that something that has been an accepted practice in other countries??:confused:

Originally posted by DadF
I never remember seeing either of the those two problems before we had an international labor force. Is that something that has been an accepted practice in other countries??:confused:
You may be on to something. Lately I've encountered defenses of bad planting made by hispanics, with near-religious fervor and a total refusal to consider biology. Anglos do the same thing, but not with such stubborn zeal.

This edging-donut-volcano (caldera) syndrome is creating HUGE problems; I exhumed a $200. birch from under a 2' clay donut last week--every root rotted.

Back