Owb best time of year to buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDPrairie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
We have been cutting and storing wood for two years in preparation for putting in an OWB. This will be the year! We'll pour cement for the pad and run the water lines this summer. I'd like to put in the OWB this summer also as fall is a busy time of year (harvest). We will be putting in a CB brand. I know that CB always has rebates in the fall. Is this the best time of year to purchase or are there other rebates out there? If it will cost $1000 more to purchase in the summer versus fall we'll obviously wait till Fall. What have been others experience. Thanks.

I bought mine in fall, but I wonder if they're going to run any rebates if the prices of propane and fuel oil stay high. They may not have a reason to.

I bought mine in fall, but I wonder if they're going to run any rebates if the prices of propane and fuel oil stay high. They may not have a reason to.
I'm not sure when the best time to buy is, but with the pro-pain shortage the price of steel will go up...and the price of pex pipe...and the price of copper & brass...etc... You can install all the inside parts, the trenching, pad, piping & electrical burial in advance. That is the time consuming part of the install. Once you set the boiler on the pad, make a few connections and you're ready to burn.

i bought mine on the hottest day of the year last year

Intuition says at the end of heating season. Dealers should be wanting to move units at a typical low demand time. Check around for leftovers on dealer lots.

At the end of the season they will want to get rid of last years model--you should be able to say more buying at this time than the cost of a rebate. Good luck.

What kind of wood have you been storing up? guessing box elder, green ash and cottonwood.

Latest posts

Back