Owb dual thermostat help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob32racing

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ive hooked up my owb to my furnace. Ive ran my second thermostat to my origional thermostat. Red to red white to green. When the house therm is set at 65 and the owb therm is set at 72 im still getting the gas to kick in. Im only trying to run the blower motor at this point. Im just confused as to why my gas still kicks in? Any help would be great ive read hours of posts about this but cannot figure out why im still burning gas, when im just trying to use the blower motor.

Could really use some more information on your set up . Seems like you’re back feeding through your white wire between the two stats. If your only trying to run the fan, delete the wires between the two stats. Run two wires between the furnace and second stat. Red at the stat to red at the furnace and white at the stat to g of the furnace. (You will have two wires going to red at the furnace)one to each stat. Wish I had some more info.

Some thermostats give you a jumper or "electric" setting instead of "gas" . It turns on fan same time as w terminal. Check that on your furnace thermostat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you're not able to get this working you may have to install a fan control center. This is a module that has a transformer and relay and hooks up to a separate thermostat. That's what I had to use on my oil furnace. Cost is around $30 to$40.

Yes i am trying to hook a heat only stat in series with my original stat. I jumped red to red and white to green between stats. However no matter what i try my lp burner kicks in, when trying to run off my owb stat. I had it hooked this way in my old house and it worked great. Set the original stat at 65 and the owb stat at 70. So if the water ever gets cold the original stat would kick in at 65 and so would the lp.

Latest posts

Back