owb going in tomorow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berry5

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
the shaver wood stove is showing up saturday cant wait here are a few pics of some of my handy work not the best but ok oops posted 2 times delete one

Last edited:
Looking Good !!!

berry5 - Wow, Looks like your ready to go !!! Take some pics during the stove install, we would all enjoy seeing them.. Hope you have some good weather 2maro so you can get it done....

I am in my 5th week, and love every morning an evening loading the stove... I keep a jacket and boots downstairs, takes me about 10 minutes each load and I am saving some bucks heating with free wood..... Life is good in Missouri !!!

the shaver wood stove is showing up saturday cant wait, here are a few pics of some of my handy work not the best but ok. the wood is sour wood, dog wood and a little pine

Looks good so far. And just in time to get some heat out of it and tweek it for next year! A slab is the way to go (what I did for our OWB here).

i dont know if i will be able to sleep i will post a pic of me pulling the disconnect out of the heat pump i cant wait

Looks like you have atleast two weeks wood there

Better go get busy.. I call my boiler the "Magic Box" as I put wood in it and it magically disappears. I will never heat with Dino again.. well at least not until I am too feeble.

Better go get busy.. I call my boiler the "Magic Box" as I put wood in it and it magically disappears.

might depend, I just finished my 4th week and not used that much wood. Of course we have had alot of 40-50 degree days, and most nights in the 20's here in mid-Missouri. Heck his pile might go 5 weeks or more depending on the weather they have in Virginia ...

Last edited:
might depend, I just finished my 4th week and not used that much wood. Of course we have had alot of 40-50 degree days, and most nights in the 20's here in mid-Missouri. Heck his pile might go 5 weeks or more depending on the weather they have in Virginia ...

We have had one day over 38 degrees in the last three months. You cant really compare wood usage between the two regions. All those ice storms that have hammered you guys are blizzards in the upper midwest.

I bet you will find your wood usage is a little more than half of mine.

Back