OWB plumbing.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iaff113

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone have good recommendations on a place to pick up everything needed for the indoor instal. Doesn’t seem I have anything near me that sells the PEX i need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased most of my stuff on line. If you PM me your info, I'll send you links. Just don't want to do it in the public forum. You can suit yourself if you think the pricing is good.

What size heat exchanger did you go with? I see central boiler talking about 70s but that seems huge for my situation. The stove is only 170k BTU so wouldn’t I match the heat exchanger to that?

I have 2 exchangers in mine. The first is a small 20 plate for my hot water and then a 70 plate for everything else. I'm heating 2400 square ft main floor, basement and then 1464 square ft of garage as well.

What size heat exchanger did you go with? I see central boiler talking about 70s but that seems huge for my situation. The stove is only 170k BTU so wouldn’t I match the heat exchanger to that?

Exchanger should be matched to your load. Not boiler output. But it usually doesn't hurt to oversize. And is sometimes beneficial.

Ok sounds good I’ll get a 70, couple questions regarding central boiler that I can’t find. One does the pex need to be O2 barrier even know it’s a no pressurized system? And second, I can’t find anything on how to fill and purge the air when I’m hooking it straight into my oil boiler. All the videos show doing it off the domestic hot water.

Back