• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

P7 to SM7 interest?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homelite410

Hack with a CNC Mill
Reaction score
I had a customer of mine ask me to modify the picco rim drive to fit his small spline huskys. Would any of you be interested in one of these rims? I'm just putting feelers out to see if it's worth while. I'm looking at about 20.00 each shipped if I buy the rims myself.
15ca1239e0493ba093268f66aa56972a.jpg

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere but I don't feel like searching. What are the 3/8LP bar options in k095?

As to the drive end of the system there is also the option of swapping to the 357 setup with a std rim in .404 turned down on the OD, there was a few threads on that. I was thinking about this for a 346 but it runs so well in .325.

I think @weedkilla had some interest in 3/8" LP rim sprockets, but I can not recall what spline he needed.
I think it was small spline though.
Maybe he chimes in.

How do those cast sprockets behave while milling?
The ones I have/use seem quite hard (Dolmar/Oregon, Carlton), thus I imagine turning them any way would require high quality tooling.
Will solid Carbide (Tungsten-Carbide) mill bits do the trick?
Just asking out of curiosity. :)

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere but I don't feel like searching. What are the 3/8LP bar options in k095?
Husky techlite and cannon supermini are the nice options, there are Oregon and husky branded versions for less $. Modifying a stihl mount to fit isn't unreasonable.

Seems like I touched this a while back... There is a 3/8LP rim sprocket out there or a compatible rim sprocket from another saw...

Most of the redmax copies that come equipped with lp chain, actually use a standard 3/8 rim (not saying there isn't one out there.)

Back