Pacific Northwest GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mark.....

The 11th is Friday! Don't worry though, there will be stuff going on all day and into the night Friday as several of us help get ready for the week end. Friend Doug will be on hand with some of his home made award winning Blackberry wine, the pit will be lit, and some saws will be tuned and a few logs are going to need to be moved and "just evened up a bit"!......:cheers:......Bob

Trin,,,,,Your special parking spot is just about ready. I only hope it's chocolate worthy!........:)

The 11th is Friday! Don't worry though, there will be stuff going on all day and into the night Friday as several of us help get ready for the week end. Friend Doug will be on hand with some of his home made award winning Blackberry wine, the pit will be lit, and some saws will be tuned and a few logs are going to need to be moved and "just evened up a bit"!......:cheers:......Bob

Trin,,,,,Your special parking spot is just about ready. I only hope it's chocolate worthy!........:)

Bob, my knee thanks you! And I am a bit less energetic since the car accident...

Also, many times the folks who arrive the day before gather for a meal in the nearby town... i'll be getting to Springfield on Friday the 11th to do some thrift shopping... and will check online to see what's going on that evening...

bump: bump :greenchainsaw: thought i would get it going again. any one know what the weather is going to be like?

Guess I'll bring an extra helmet as well. I've never kicked a helmet competitively. Do we have any rules regarding helmet-loading?

We don't got no stinkin' helmets. They are hardhats!! :deadhorse:

We don't need to know what the stinkin' weather is goin' to be. We got raingear and sunny gear!! :)

If anybody neglects to bring their raingear, it'll rain. That's a rule of nature.

Non-GTG attenders don't understand the variety of clothing I have packed for the 7 GTGs I've attended-- but I arrive with a variety so I am prepared regardless of the weather... that way I can just enjoy the time! The last one in New York, one gent held an umbrella over me when the competitions were happening during pouring rain, as I was the recording wench of the chainsaw races... they tried to convince me I was the princess of the GTG, but I looked around at my surroundings-- yep, I was a wench, not a princess...

But the weather doesn't matter... it's great times regardless!!!

Rain or Shine........

We're doing it!...........:)
Rain is letting up a bit today so I may be going up to "T" & "S"'s and get some pictures of the Cottonwoods being milled into 8x8 & 10x10 Cants for the racers and wanabes!
By the way, I still have one of those "easy up" (Ha!) car port things left over from our trip to bookerdogs. We can always put it up for the non webfooted among us!

If your coming don't forget to ask for directions!.....:cheers:......Bob

A request...

I hope everybody takes lots of pictures and posts them on AS. It will be the next best thing to actually being there. Slowp is a good hand with a camera. When she's done competing in the hard hat throwing and high climbing events she can be the Official Photographer.

Just doing what I do best....finding work for other people to do. :)

i knew the weather question would get people going:) if you live in the PNW rain is our sunshine

I have a meeting with the parental unit when I go home later this week. Gonna meet with the family bank and see if some sort of travel loan is available. We'll see.

O.K. Randy, I got the "good" 550 down and went through the carburetor (McCulloch flat back by Walbro) and seems to be good to go now. I will try to get a few others set out and ready during the course of the week; SP125, SP105 from Roland, 840 w/48" bar, 1-85 with 24" bar, 55 with 24" Beaver Tail bar and 9/16" pitch chain, and a 1-70 power head to swap with J.J.

One little snag popped up, my wife's aunt is in really bad shape and probably won't survive the week, may prevent her from coming along, not sure what I will do in that case as I already have visits to customers lined up for the trip out and back...

Mark

Our Soldiers

Please take a moment to "Thank" our veteran's past and present.

Just lost a buddy Friday, cancer, Agent Orange. Been a long weekend.......

For some of us, that war will never be over..........................................

Semper Fi: Gary

Please take a moment to "Thank" our veteran's past and present.

Just lost a buddy Friday, cancer, Agent Orange. Been a long weekend.......

For some of us, that war will never be over..........................................

Semper Fi: Gary

Sorry to hear that Gary.

Most of the vets in my family are gone, with the exception of two of my dad's brothers.

I hope everybody takes lots of pictures and posts them on AS. It will be the next best thing to actually being there. Slowp is a good hand with a camera. When she's done competing in the hard hat throwing and high climbing events she can be the Official Photographer.

Just doing what I do best....finding work for other people to do. :)

Slowp's camera was dropped on pavement. Slowp's camera takes pictures but is not reliable. Maybe while wandering through no sales tax Oregon, another might be acquired.

Hmmmm, you're management material, or as we call it, leadership. The Peter Principle at work? :)

bump: bump :greenchainsaw: thought i would get it going again. any one know what the weather is going to be like?

We don't worry about the weather, in the past it worked out just fine.
I am sure it will be good either way with lots of fun and meeting new and old friends.
Can't wait!!

Finally caught a break.....

in the weather! Rain has let up a bit so I went up to "T"'s an watched him mill the first of the 10 x 10" Cottonwood Cants. Here's some pictures........
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

These should make those who Cant saw happy!.........:cheers:......Bob

Dammmmmmmm

attachment.php
One wrong picture.....Here's the right one.
As time is running out on me it looks like we will only have 10x10 cants. The smaller saws can do one cut and the mid sized can do 2 while the big guys will do 3. Or something like that! Lots of wood though for doing all size cookies with all sized and tuned saws......Bob

Latest posts

Back