Pacific Northwest GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We May have One More.......

Type of event.......I'm not sure that this would be the winning team unless fun counts!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Doing a little cleaning up from before the GTG..........
attachment.php

Bailey's was kind enough to supply some NICE prizes and giveaways
THANK YOU!
attachment.php

"Weather or Not" we are going to have a Good Old Fun Time!
Can't wait!.........:clap:......Bob

attachment.php

Crank is for an 044 or 440 Stihl I think. However the girls may win it! That's Liz in the dark jacket. I think she's getting into this GTG thing!
Seriously though, we have some fine things to give out and I am going to be hard pressed see that everyone is satisfied.
I'm going to practice some before I set any benchmark cuts!...:cheers:....Bob

Good News / Bad News

The good news is I had some time this week to get all the saw ready, primers and carburetor kits where needed, everthing starts and runs well (except the 1-70, just for trading stock). I have never put this Super 250 in a piece of wood but it does seem to run well enough just messing with it.

L-R Super 250, 550, 55. 1-85, SP125, SP105 (Belgian), 840 w/48" bar

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bad news is my wife went to see the doctor today and a problem was uncovered, she will have a procedure next Friday (11 June) so looks like I won't be able to make it. I am very disappointed but what can you do?

Mark

Bad news is my wife went to see the doctor today and a problem was uncovered, she will have a procedure next Friday (11 June) so looks like I won't be able to make it. I am very disappointed but what can you do?

Mark

Mark-

I hope things go good for the Mrs. (hopefully it's something not too serious.) There will always be more GTGs in the future. I look forward to meeting you someday and we can run some Mac hotrods.

As for me, I'll be missing out on the GTG as well, but I'll be in Alaska making some $$...

Mark....

The saws look great as always! We are really going to miss you and your wife but your priorities are in the right place. Both Liz and I along with all who read this wish her all the best. ...........Bob

Mark

Prayers for you & your family... that the docs have clarity on all treatment etc...

Yesterday......

About the time I had written the above I was starting to feel a little "blue". A couple members that I had been looking forward to seeing again and a couple whom I had been really looking forward to meeting were just not going to be able to make it this year. DAMMMMMM! Poor Me!
But then.....I looked over the list of who is coming, got an "I'll be there" phone call from a well known racer (thank you Gary!), and picked up a yard sale Stihl 044,440, 066, or 064 for $100. I'm pumped again! :)
Saw is in great shape but even better than that ........This is going to be memorable GTG!.........:cheers:......Bob

About the time I had written the above I was starting to feel a little "blue". A couple members that I had been looking forward to seeing again and a couple whom I had been really looking forward to meeting were just not going to be able to make it this year. DAMMMMMM! Poor Me!
But then.....I looked over the list of who is coming, got an "I'll be there" phone call from a well known racer (thank you Gary!), and picked up a yard sale Stihl 044,440, 066, or 064 for $100. I'm pumped again! :)
Saw is in great shape but even better than that ........This is going to be memorable GTG!.........:cheers:......Bob

I can always bring the broccoli cornbread, Bob... it's bound to liven up the party!!! Gologit was the one who made the loudest protest, and he's not coming... I thought I'd make him a special one and ship it to him... :clap:

Trinity:

If you make him up a special batch, I'll pay the freight (one way) to him......

Gary

Oh, that does have a delicious feel to it-- the entire concept... oh, it really is good (you don't even realize you're eating broccoli)... let me think about it...

PS why would you pay round trip freight for it??? hmmm... that has me confused...

Oh, that does have a delicious feel to it-- the entire concept... oh, it really is good (you don't even realize you're eating broccoli)... let me think about it...

PS why would you pay round trip freight for it??? hmmm... that has me confused...

Because, my dear, if you and Ricochet send me broccoli corn bred it's only fair that I send you back the by-product. :clap::clap:

Because, my dear, if you and Ricochet send me broccoli corn bred it's only fair that I send you back the by-product. :clap::clap:

That's fine-- it will have Ricochet's return address on the package! No problem, hon...

Bob, you know we love you!!!

What am I saying? Just because I dressed like a flower child for my presentation in class this morning doesn't mean I need to get all mushy here... so sorry guys & gals...

attachment.php

Crank is for an 044 or 440 Stihl I think. However the girls may win it! That's Liz in the dark jacket. I think she's getting into this GTG thing!
Seriously though, we have some fine things to give out and I am going to be hard pressed see that everyone is satisfied.
I'm going to practice some before I set any benchmark cuts!...:cheers:....Bob

i wanted to use one. i got a 7 footer for free 3 month agao and havent had a reason to use it mabe i will bring it to make shure it works:D

Hi everyone. Turbocaster here.

I've been busy and I have not been keeping up on what's happening with the GetToGether. I'll be tied up on the 12th. Hopefully it's OK if I just come down for the 13th.

Can someone send me the directions of how to get there?

I have a "new to me" Husky 372XP that I'd like to bring with me. I might also bring my 33cc Homelite; AKA "Killer". It sports a mega 14" bar.

What kind of food can I bring? I have a 6' table that might come in handy. I also have some crosscut saw sharpening gear that may be interesting for people to look at.

I really look forward to seeing everyone again.

Jon

Hi everyone. Turbocaster here.

I've been busy and I have not been keeping up on what's happening with the GetToGether. I'll be tied up on the 12th. Hopefully it's OK if I just come down for the 13th.

Can someone send me the directions of how to get there?

I have a "new to me" Husky 372XP that I'd like to bring with me. I might also bring my 33cc Homelite; AKA "Killer". It sports a mega 14" bar.

What kind of food can I bring? I have a 6' table that might come in handy. I also have some crosscut saw sharpening gear that may be interesting for people to look at.

I really look forward to seeing everyone again.Jon

Do you know how to sharpen crosscuts? I was going to buy one at the swap meet but my friend said that the local guy who used to sharpen them is dead, and he (my friend) used to sharpen them but wasn't going to do it. So, I did not buy one.

Talk to you there....

Crosscut saw sharpening

Slowp,

I can sharpen crosscut saws well enough that they will pull chips. Certainly not good enough to have someone use one in competition. I can show you what I know at the GTG. I'll be there Sunday only.

Have fun!

Jon
AKA Turbocaster

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Bob we will have a great time and thanks again for hosting!!

Just Had to Do It........

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got the Axe target up, cut some cookies and covered the the Food Court in case of rain. It's just a shame what rain can do to "Broccoli Cornbread" so we had to get protection!.........:)........Bob

Latest posts

Back