Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i should be pulling in between 5-6:30, depending on traffic i hit coming from Seattle... i think Google Maps should help us find Sugar Shack...

OK, i Googled Sugar Shack & it's in Portland... so if there isn't a local one, that's 77 miles from The Dalles where I'm staying... i'd only make it at 6:30pm if i went there coming in, before i went all the way to the Dalles...

Booker, is there one in the area other then the one in Portland?

Its up in the dalles on 10th street. Im sure its called the sugarshack. I will look and see what I can find in the local phone book.

OK, i Googled Sugar Shack & it's in Portland... so if there isn't a local one, that's 77 miles from The Dalles where I'm staying... i'd only make it at 6:30pm if i went there coming in, before i went all the way to the Dalles...

I work just down the road from that place. I've been kinda laughing about it because its not some place you would want to eat. No windows and parking in the back if ya get my drift.

Sorry its the sugar bowl in the dalles.

Okay here's a pic of the driveway for ya.
attachment.php

attachment.php

The guys at work were giving me heck for traveling to Washington to run a chainsaw. I told them I was going to bring a Sasquatch back and beat them to death with it.

Think they'd mind if I brought back a couple Sequoia seedlings in my baggage? :) The park rangers I mean... I know Sasquatch wouldn't mind. We go way back.

Ian

Just got off the phone with RR2. He's headed for the airport. I'll pick him up in Sacramento about 0300 and we'll head your way.

I had some good news for him...no Toyota Tacoma. Diving 530 miles in a Tacoma is just one step ahead of driving up there on a riding lawnmower. It had to go to the shop so I took my wife's PreRunner to work...kind of a yuppie crummy. Since it already had all the saws and tools and such in it I'll just throw a suitcase in the back on top of the logging junk.

Maybe I'll put the milk crate with the gas cans and wedges on the roof rack. That and the California license plates would probably get me stomped before we got north of Madras.

See you people tomorrow. :cheers:

i should be pulling in between 5-6:30, depending on traffic i hit coming from Seattle... i think Google Maps should help us find Sugar Shack...

Trin.. Leave by 1pm.. or wait until after 7pm... It's not the Seattle traffic- it's the mess from Centraila to Portland, and the Portland/Vancouverr traffic after 3.30pm.. I'm out of here by 11.. been caught before...

It's closer to 4.5 though Portland/Vancouver... maybe I'm thinking winter... I have friends that live in Hood River and every time I say take the yakima route, they shake their head...

Tell you what -let's leave at exactly the same time and see who gets there first!

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with RR2. He's headed for the airport. I'll pick him up in Sacramento about 0300 and we'll head your way.

I had some good news for him...no Toyota Tacoma. Diving 530 miles in a Tacoma is just one step ahead of driving up there on a riding lawnmower. It had to go to the shop so I took my wife's PreRunner to work...kind of a yuppie crummy. Since it already had all the saws and tools and such in it I'll just throw a suitcase in the back on top of the logging junk.

Maybe I'll put the milk crate with the gas cans and wedges on the roof rack. That and the California license plates would probably get me stomped before we got north of Madras.

See you people tomorrow. :cheers:

Just napping @ Sacramento airport till Bob gets here!!!!!

Im At the Continental passenger pick up by the continental sign,,,,

Bob Ill have on the 409 370 3755 cell the other one has no service,,, a no tell nextel,,,,:sucks: :deadhorse: :laugh:
:cheers:

Just napping @ Sacramento airport till Bob gets here!!!!!

Im At the Continental passenger pick up by the continental sign,,,,

Bob Ill have on the 409 370 3755 cell the other one has no service,,, a no tell nextel,,,,:sucks: :deadhorse: :laugh:
:cheers:

I'm awake...mostly. After I have enough coffee to wake all the way up and beat my head against the wall to get my heart started I'll be out of here. :)

Back