Pain management

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never thought i would say this but are you treetarded? ive been climbing off a crane for about 5 of the 7 yrs ive been climbing. not one year. those other 2 years were strictly climbing and then within the 7yrs ive been in the climbing aspect of the game a bucket has been part of it.

been in the game 11yrs now.

i'll say it here, on the buzz, and to anyone willing to listen or read what i say. i am the man. i am the type of worker that an owner f'n loves to have around.

so what about that saw man. ive made more than enough money for the company to afford a new saw. i was more heart broken for that saw than anyone else. never mind the loot which i offered to repay. i made a mistake i openly admitted to and it was due to the fact that i had already put in a solid 60hrs that week up to that friday afternoon it happened. i was beat and didn't see the right choke point. oops. **** happened and i paid the price as well. lesson learned.

do i have your 40 years? not yet. i will if life doesn't get me first.

y
i AM that good, dave.

call john (the owner of marquis tree) or dave (crane op/ operations manager) for yourself and ask if i don't bring the funk. they love the attitude i play the game with and know i am all about getting the job done.

bark all you want old man but your toothless mouth got no bite on this one.

edit: actually longer than 7 years cause i started climbing before i quit drinking.....

ou may not be often but you wrong on this one. i can and am willingly going to guarantee that any tree you think you can back your beater crane up to and bring that big obnoxious bucket to we'd have it down faster and safer. the whole time me laughing at you. i'd even be more than willing to put up a weeks pay saying we'd smother your effort.
I got an idea why don't you and the crane operator #### each other in the ### , a real competition would be you leaving JOHNS crane in the shop and climb a tree and take it down with Treevet doing the same I have no respect for the capabilities of someone elses crane but your capability to efficiently work without it .....

Hi Jeff , hows the weather? Did you get your schools in order ? ???

Ha, Hi Bud, Well, We are working from the inside out so if we are there when school starts, we are at least on the outer bounderies and that means parking lot's and that sucks a lot. Kids move cones. Weather? Wow, you watch the news? We had a mini heat wave here, OMG! Up to almost a hundred (ha), Now going in reverse, Low 70's next week- crazy! I think (pdqdl!) (sumblimal), trees are freaking.
Jeff :)

YES. bring that **** to me, man. i feel it. bring that hate out and focus it, 101. good stuff. finally.

listen. hate to break it to you but i can climb a tree bare assed and do it well. i don't need the crane. that thing needs me. plain and simple.

the mother####'r that runs that crane is more or less a prick to work for and while he does do his job well he tends to wear out his help. workaholic type of thing. since i've been there (who do you think replaced his last climber?) he's gone through 4 groundman 1 climber/groundie and 2 log truck drivers. he sucks at times (but is also a good dude.) but you know what 101. i can't be broken. attempts may be made at times but you just can't kill the buzzard.

the way i see it my friend is like this. i'm the guy making the cuts. the money cuts if you will. if i am the only guy that can work with this dude then that makes me pretty valuable. now if all these other jamokes couldn't hack it then that makes me a rather diligent worker and a very skilled tree athlete.

when it comes time to do some bucket work i do it. i hate the bucket btw.

when it comes to the prune of any sort on the work order i do it.

when it comes to spiking a climb on the work order i do it.

gotta rig out that branch or tree over there cause its too far from the crane......yup. i do that too.

currently because i am making sooo many said money cuts i am more or less relegated to my position as the crane climber at my company and while i do miss all the manual stuff i will just continue to do my job. and be happy when i get to climb something for them.

that must make me a pretty darn good tree guy huh?

but hey as you are the business owner you are obviously the one who got it all figured out, right? mr also big money bucks.

how come i get to leave the shop at night and be completely free of treework until i feel like talking **** here on the AS?

are you trying to tell me that being the best mule around isn't a perk on its own? i get to leave alllllll the headaches behind me the moment i punch out. i take on side work at my leisure and make good money doing it. i make good money at the fulltime gig with sooo many hours of OT.

i have insurance.

i like my work place.

i mean if you ask me all that in itself is pretty good thing.

what you worried about tonight 101 that might break tomorrow and totally ruin your day/week/month/yr? i'm not too worried about any of that stuff, thank you very much.

stay safe mutt.

Gayve. thought i told you material **** means nothing to me. nothing.

50K?! for a crane? you buying another little beater? i could go to the bank right now and qualify for the same thing. why though. its just like buying a 55ft bucket. useless.

there is an oldtimer round these parts with the almost the same setup as you with all kinds of the same **** you claim to have. he smokes crack, Gayve. in my eyes you 2 are equal. you both do the same work with the same ****. what makes you better than he?

cincinnati is a joke town in a joke part of the country. nothing innovative or even worth mentioning even comes from that part of the land.

i'll say it again. even though what you have done with what you got has worked for you doesn't mean you've been doing it right all these years. just means you've worked harder than smarter.

how that achilles' heel treat'n you? best bet is to just rest that up at your age. nothing you can do for it.

stay safe, Gayve.

wow. i really am an ass hole. lol.

what means something to me? not really sure. a job well done? a great effort? apple pie? the home team win?

dave some of the **** i said to you may have been a tad out of line, this post and others. you've earned all you got. congrats on that.

the rest? oh well.

stay safe.

wow. i really am an ass hole. lol.

what means something to me? not really sure. a job well done? a great effort? apple pie? the home team win?

dave some of the **** i said to you may have been a tad out of line, this post and others. you've earned all you got. congrats on that.

the rest? oh well.

stay safe.

truce?

FWIW.

OD, I have been in your exact same position with an older guy that I could not stand on the job. He put me through a tree bootcamp. No one could work for the old ####er. I did out of grudging respect and I wanted to learn what he knew. He taught me how to do crane work. I owe that old ####### so much. He died on his crane. I miss that old buzzard.

And for Dave... Well, he is the old buzzard around here. ;)

was reading the thread about lookin for a climber in iowa and it reminded me of a time when i broke my ankle early in the morning during a starving winter when i had a crane schedualed. One newbie brush bunny, a whipper chipper, every tree climbed and i still pulled $2300 that day. my ? is , whats the most pain / broken body parts you ever went to work with when you absolutley had to?

Ive climbed with my broken hands in casts a couple of times; a 36 stitch chainsaw cut on my leg; slipped disc; broken fingers, fractured knee, etc. But the worst injuries were inflicted on me by gals when I was a young fella....they would rip out my insides and possess my mind. I used to drag that $hit around with me for ever. Now if I could just turn the clock back....things would be different!

Last edited:
But the worst injuries were inflicted on me by gals when I was a young fella....they would rip out my insides and pocess my mind. I used to drag that $hit around with me for ever. !

ain't that the truth :agree2:

Had a devastated broken heart for 17 years from about 20 to maybe 37 by the most beautiful woman that ever lived (not just my opinion either). Was a shell of a man. Did my job to the best of my ability daily and nightly the brown bottle numbed the pain.

Then got back together with her at a hs reunion and later married her. She could still break my heart on a whim and hope I go first in old age or things could get ugly real fast.

Ive climbed with my broken hands in casts a couple of times; a 36 stitch chainsaw cut on my leg; slipped disc; broken fingers, fractured knee, etc. But the worst injuries were inflicted on me by gals when I was a young fella....they would rip out my insides and pocess my mind. I used to drag that $hit around with me for ever. Now if I could just turn the clock back....things would be different!

I only lost one that really hurt bad. I didn't fully get over it for years... about the same time she finally started packing on the poundage. I don't think she's stopped yet from what I hear. Dodged that bullet (not for lack of trying though).

about the same time she finally started packing on the poundage. I don't think she's stopped yet from what I hear. Dodged that bullet (not for lack of trying though).

I am with ya, dodged the same bullet! ran into the ex last year, been 16 years or so since I seen her, BIG GIRL now, my wife is about 110lbs, ex seen her, look on her face, priceless! Beings I was told I could never do better!

I am with ya, dodged the same bullet! ran into the ex last year, been 16 years or so since I seen her, BIG GIRL now, my wife is about 110lbs, ex seen her, look on her face, priceless! Beings I was told I could never do better!
she probably still feels that way, I'll bet she probably calling the new girl anorexic or something......

Lol! Yeah, I thought she was "the one that got away" for the longest time.. if I was with her now, I'd prolly be looking for some help to huck her back in! lol.

YES. bring that **** to me, man. i feel it. bring that hate out and focus it, 101. good stuff. finally.

listen. hate to break it to you but i can climb a tree bare assed and do it well. i don't need the crane. that thing needs me. plain and simple.

the mother####'r that runs that crane is more or less a prick to work for and while he does do his job well he tends to wear out his help. workaholic type of thing. since i've been there (who do you think replaced his last climber?) he's gone through 4 groundman 1 climber/groundie and 2 log truck drivers. he sucks at times (but is also a good dude.) but you know what 101. i can't be broken. attempts may be made at times but you just can't kill the buzzard.

the way i see it my friend is like this. i'm the guy making the cuts. the money cuts if you will. if i am the only guy that can work with this dude then that makes me pretty valuable. now if all these other jamokes couldn't hack it then that makes me a rather diligent worker and a very skilled tree athlete.

when it comes time to do some bucket work i do it. i hate the bucket btw.

when it comes to the prune of any sort on the work order i do it.

when it comes to spiking a climb on the work order i do it.

gotta rig out that branch or tree over there cause its too far from the crane......yup. i do that too.

currently because i am making sooo many said money cuts i am more or less relegated to my position as the crane climber at my company and while i do miss all the manual stuff i will just continue to do my job. and be happy when i get to climb something for them.

that must make me a pretty darn good tree guy huh?

but hey as you are the business owner you are obviously the one who got it all figured out, right? mr also big money bucks.

how come i get to leave the shop at night and be completely free of treework until i feel like talking **** here on the AS?

are you trying to tell me that being the best mule around isn't a perk on its own? i get to leave alllllll the headaches behind me the moment i punch out. i take on side work at my leisure and make good money doing it. i make good money at the fulltime gig with sooo many hours of OT.

i have insurance.

i like my work place.

i mean if you ask me all that in itself is pretty good thing.

what you worried about tonight 101 that might break tomorrow and totally ruin your day/week/month/yr? i'm not too worried about any of that stuff, thank you very much.

stay safe mutt.
I am not worried about anything muley I have the money to fix anything just waiting for it to break , anyway I have 2 of mostly everything so Monday I will make money same as yesterday and that won't change ,and as far as marqui theres a marqui in every state probably 10 but who cares about them , I don't the only thing that bothers me is you talking about something that you have no experience with , remember your the CLIMBER/crane Operator/head #### wash .... your right stay safe.. Yea I leave at 5pm too with money to show for my hard work and forget about it til 6am the next day , I sell during the day and shut off my phone at 6pm sooooo what now , thats funny that people who can't have excuses why its easier to not , comical really it is , and if I wanted to be a marqui tomorrow I could by hocking my life and hunting 24/7 believe its by choice to be a small well paid contractor .....

Last edited:
I am not worried about anything muley I have the money to fix anything just waiting for it to break , anyway I have 2 of mostly everything so Monday I will make money same as yesterday and that won't change ,and as far as marqui theres a marqui in every state probably 10 but who cares about them , I don't the only thing that bothers me is you talking about something that you have no experience with , remember your the CLIMBER/crane Operator/head #### wash .... your right stay safe.. Yea I leave at 5pm too with money to show for my hard work and forget about it til 6am the next day , I sell during the day and shut off my phone at 6pm sooooo what now , thats funny that people who can't have excuses why its easier to not , comical really it is , and if I wanted to be a marqui tomorrow I could by hocking my life and hunting 24/7 believe its by choice to be a small well paid contractor .....

I see both of you guy's point's. I am in the middle and 24/7. I cannot go home and pound beers and doobies, I could get a call and need to respond. I think an owner has alot on his mind and no amount of vacations will clear it. In this biz, you are always worrying about something or trying to plan ahead. Never ends. Then you die. Happy Saturday!
Jeff :)

Back