Panic!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost stuff almost always means I'm distracted somehow. Mornings are usually a routine for me. But If I break it up too much, well, the fun begins. Lost my glasses once after putting them on. Realized after about 15 mins that I could clearly see they weren't in all the normal places. Clearly see... not blurry... Ok I know just where they are. I've lost gloves that I'm wearing, too. My boy carries my gloves all over the house. I'll find one and put it on. Then I get distracted and hurried looking for the other. I find it but for the life of me can't remember where I put the first one. Lost coffee cups really get me frosted. I hate finding a cold cup of coffee in the car or in the barn because I lost track of where I'd set it. I have learned that most people tend to set stuff down in places below shoulder height and above waist height so I've gotten really good at finding those "I just had it!" things. At the shop tools can get scattered across several jobs with people asking all sorts of questions while I'm working. Best advice I've got for lost stuff on the job is when you're losing tools or supplies you just had it's time to start picking up regardless if it's the middle of the job. Long term you cut down on wasted time. Because maybe ya lose the tape or the hammer, then get
another, now you've added to the mess that's hiding what's lost. Something else is going to disappear, and soon. Picking up gives you a mental inventory of what's where. And try to keep disciplined to put stuff away at the end of the day so you don't lose it.

Harry K, don't ever, ever lose the safety line for the shop. If you can't be pulled out with the rope there isn't much chance of finding a volunteer willing to go exploring to get ya.

Speaking of lost stuff. I bought just the outside dog for my 361 to aid in flush cutting stumps. That rquired removing my big dogs on the inside and replacing with the stock one. No could find. I have looked several times and both the big one and the stock one are cleverly hiding somewhere in there. The 'Shop' is one half of a 2-car garage so there isn't much place for them to be. Some day when I am old and gray...oops that's me already, I'll be pottering around, find them and wonder what they are for.

Harry K

Lost car keys, cell phones, you name it - sure you'll find it in my 3.5 yo boy's toy drawer, the sweet little rascal.
But it really beat me two weeks ago when I was sitting in the car, engine on, in gear, trying HARD to recall where was I going to? Shop? Pick up my girl from piano lesson?

Turned out the Boss asked me to see if I was hearing any grinding when I start the car.
Nope. Told her only grinding was in my head.

SA

Back