Partner 5200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
Reaction score
I came across a few images of this saw, and downloaded the IPL. I've been curious if it is related to any other Husqvarna-family saws? It's pretty clearly a Partner-style clamshell.

partner_5200.jpg

Attachments

• PARI2006_AAaa_V380000002_.pdf
    416.4 KB · Views: 9
They were made in Italy at Mcculloch's european factory and based on a late model McCulloch design. They came out after Husqvarna purchased the remnants of McCulloch's european division.
Thanks, that makes sense. It's a unique design that I find interesting.

I was just looking at them this weekend on the web. If they were a little larger cc wise and in the U.S. I would try one. Course if you wrote Partner on a cat litter box I'm all over it. So yea you kinda get the picture I guess...
I'd take one with a McCulloch brand too. Unlike many here I like clamshell engines, and having one combined with an alloy case seems like a good idea. Too bad these were never sold in the US.

I'd take one with a McCulloch brand too. Unlike many here I like clamshell engines, and having one combined with an alloy case seems like a good idea. Too bad these were never sold in the US.

I actually agree with this. After working on a bunch of 350 husky's lately, I kinda like that style of clamshell especially for crank/bearing work. They are a simple saw to work on. It's funy you posted this cause i was thinking to myself the other night while tinkering on one that a mag cased clamshell would be the cats arse.

I actually agree with this. After working on a bunch of 350 husky's lately, I kinda like that style of clamshell especially for crank/bearing work. They are a simple saw to work on. It's funy you posted this cause i was thinking to myself the other night while tinkering on one that a mag cased clamshell would be the cats arse.
I've wondered if there were any - at least vertical cylinder versions. My horizontal cylinder McCullochs are essentially alloy case clamshells.

I think you need to find someone across the pond to get one for you.
Yeah, but shipping would be expensive and parts would be a problem.

Speaking of Partner, it looks like they are selling the old Jenn Feng Taiwanese saws that were loosely based on the Zenoah G3200, only they had GZ4000 engines in them - with the strato ports blocked off! Basically it is the old XM40 saw in Partner colors. I'm amazed at the various different designs and brands that got joined together under Husqvarna. http://www.partner.biz/int/products/chainsaws/

Back