Partner 5500/Poulan 325 Pistons and 5000 Plus

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoMax

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I get the Chance to purchase a Partner 5500 which was sold as Poulan Pro 325 in the US. 46mm closed port piston :msp_w00t:
According to the actual owner, the cylinder is good, but it could need a new piston. This Ipl
http://www.wmv-dresden-download.de/partner/5500%20Kettens%E4ge%20Bj%201988-01%20Partner.pdf
shows 503 53 86-01 as part number for the piston kit. I've searched for it, a dealer sells them for 101 something or other euro, i guess thats about 150 Dollar :eek:
US dealers sell PP 325 type 2 pistons for around 50 dollars. They have the same part number, but are they really the same ? I once read that the PP 325 Type 2 was open port, which means it would just have a Husky 55 46mm c&p like my Partner 540. So why do the use the same part number ? Are there any other options ?
Secons, as you sure know, also Partner 5000 Plus pistons are rare. How many people would we need to confirm a quality aftermarket supplier, Meteor for maybe, to produce them ? :msp_biggrin: Or does the Husky 246 Piston work good in them ?
regards
Max

Hello,
I get the Chance to purchase a Partner 5500 which was sold as Poulan Pro 325 in the US. 46mm closed port piston :msp_w00t:
According to the actual owner, the cylinder is good, but it could need a new piston. This Ipl
http://www.wmv-dresden-download.de/partner/5500%20Kettens%E4ge%20Bj%201988-01%20Partner.pdf
shows 503 53 86-01 as part number for the piston kit. I've searched for it, a dealer sells them for 101 something or other euro, i guess thats about 150 Dollar :eek:
US dealers sell PP 325 type 2 pistons for around 50 dollars. They have the same part number, but are they really the same ? I once read that the PP 325 Type 2 was open port, which means it would just have a Husky 55 46mm c&p like my Partner 540. So why do the use the same part number ? Are there any other options ?
Secons, as you sure know, also Partner 5000 Plus pistons are rare. How many people would we need to confirm a quality aftermarket supplier, Meteor for maybe, to produce them ? :msp_biggrin: Or does the Husky 246 Piston work good in them ?
regards
Max

Good questions that I cannot answer with any certainty.

I have been told that the PP325 type 2 is open port, but then again I'm not so sure how reliable that source is. I know it dont make sense that they have the same part #.

I would think that 5000+ pistons would sell like hotcakes if they were reproduced, I know you could put me down for a couple anyway. I need one now as a matter of fact.

Latest posts

Back