Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot about this Skll branded Partner as well. Same as a F-55.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

P100 super question

Hey guys I recently picked up a P100 Super. Runs strong and just needed a bit of work on the oiler. I have two PM1000 Macs too and I can't see any difference. What is the difference in the super?

C'mon guys. Someone gots ta know sumpn bout deez jokers.

Well, I don't claim to know much, and thats why I have been hesitant to respond.

I did think someone once said the supers had a lower handle brace that the regular 100's didnt have. I looked at both the P-100 and P-100 super IPL's and found different part numbers for the P/C assy as well as the lower handle brace for the super.

What the difference is in the P/C, I don't know.

I myself have been on the lookout for a good clean P-100 but if things work out, I should have a nice original Mac PM-1000 heading here shortly. I didnt want the Mac version but couldnt pass on a clean low hour original.

Well, I don't claim to know much, and thats why I have been hesitant to respond.

I did think someone once said the supers had a lower handle brace that the regular 100's didnt have. I looked at both the P-100 and P-100 super IPL's and found different part numbers for the P/C assy as well as the lower handle brace for the super.

What the difference is in the P/C, I don't know.

I myself have been on the lookout for a good clean P-100 but if things work out, I should have a nice original Mac PM-1000 heading here shortly. I didnt want the Mac version but couldnt pass on a clean low hour original.

Congratulations on a real nice saw!!!
Looking forward to sinking it into that tree you have on the ground.

Mike

Hoss, I'm not sure of the differnce either.
I personally think it might be a marketing
pitch. I have about every variation of the
100cc Partners and they all seem to run the
same. I only have an ipl for a P100 so i can't
compair parts.
Here is a Mac PM1000 i got recently through the
help of a fellow member. This is the cleanest i
have seen.

Lee

MacPM1000Mint001.jpg

MacPM1000Mint002.jpg

MacPM1000Mint003.jpg

Thanks everybody for your answers. Lee that one sho is nice. All mine run real well, but my best looker is still only about 85% of the apearance of yours.

C 6

I now believe in Karma. Yesterday I helped a member of our brotherhood to a nice PM 118 and today I find this lovely saw. The guy has owned it the last 30 years and he thinks it is a good goer - he even has a nice spare 1/2" chain for it. The down side is I might not see it for six months as it is across the waters in Tasmania. Oh, the wait is gunna kill me.

PartnerC6-2.jpg

PartnerC6.jpg

Al.

Haven't seen much talk about 550 Partners. What's the consensus on them? Picking up a very clean one tomorrow for 75.

Rod, I don't know first hand about the 550, I figure its basically just a later S55 and is 55cc. I know it shares the same owners manual as the 7000+ and the same IPL as the 650.

I have both of those documents if you want them.

I know you got it by now, where is the picture at?

I now believe in Karma. Yesterday I helped a member of our brotherhood to a nice PM 118 and today I find this lovely saw. The guy has owned it the last 30 years and he thinks it is a good goer - he even has a nice spare 1/2" chain for it. The down side is I might not see it for six months as it is across the waters in Tasmania. Oh, the wait is gunna kill me.

Al.

Al that wait may just save you, as you will have time to join a health club and get in shape so you can actually lift that one! :laugh:

Just kidding, that is a awsome find there!

Back