Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the Partner 500 and the P5000+ is? Also what is the difference between the P55 and S55 is?

Last edited:
The Partner 500 is an open port saw. The 5000+ is a closed port. Besides a handle brace, there are no other differences. The 5000+ does have much more power. You can see the brace in the first post in this thread.

The Partner 500 is an open port saw. The 5000+ is a closed port. Besides a handle brace, there are no other differences. The 5000+ does have much more power. You can see the brace in the first post in this thread.

I see... is the p55 a open port saw and what makes it a pro over the s55?

The p-55 has a different oil pump set up than the S-55 other than that I can't tell the difference. I have one P-55 and three S-55 partners.

Ken, that thing is beautiful. Nicely done.

Could I ask what bar mount does that take? I'm assuming the large Husky D009 correct?

I know that the Mac PM 1000 version takes a Mac bar mount and I'm not too crazy about that either.

Could you do me a favor and post a picture of the bar mount pad area of that P-100 to compare with this PM1000?

Ken, that thing is beautiful. Nicely done.

Could I ask what bar mount does that take? I'm assuming the large Husky D009 correct?

I know that the Mac PM 1000 version takes a Mac bar mount and I'm not too crazy about that either.

Could you do me a favor and post a picture of the bar mount pad area of that P-100 to compare with this PM1000?

Sure give a little bit.

Here you go Mark batteries died on camera can't find any good ones if you want more let me know.
View attachment 193834View attachment 193835

Thanks, I was hopeing to see the bar mount pad on the saw itself without the bar plate on it. I was wondering how they got the oil holes on the Husky bar to line up with the oiler on the saw.

On this Pro Mac, the oil outlet on the saw seems too high to mount to the Husky bar. It seems to be directed behind the bar plate to the cavity below to line up with the Mac bars adjuster slot which oils through it.

Wonder who thought it was a good idea to put 8mm studs on this 100cc saw? :laugh:

Mark I'm going to get some batteries tomorrow. Batteries died that was the next picture I was going to take. I'll get them for you.

Thanks I got a case of curious if you know what I mean.

I got the 1000 pulled apart some and started cleaning it up some. It was misssing the bar adjuster screw but a Poulan Pro 655 6mm adjuster screw fit it perfect, even the snap ring grove was in the right place. I drilled out a Poulan adjuster pin from 10-24 and retapped it to 6mm and it worked perfect as well.

Seems the tube and vent is missing off of it, but I think I got a partner style vent valve here to put on it.

I'll try to take some more pictures of it and post in the next day or two.

Thanks I got a case of curious if you know what I mean.

I got the 1000 pulled apart some and started cleaning it up some. It was misssing the bar adjuster screw but a Poulan Pro 655 6mm adjuster screw fit it perfect, even the snap ring grove was in the right place. I drilled out a Poulan adjuster pin from 10-24 and retapped it to 6mm and it worked perfect as well.

Seems the tube and vent is missing off of it, but I think I got a partner style vent valve here to put on it.

I'll try to take some more pictures of it and post in the next day or two.

I didn't know but would have thought the Partner P100 and the 1000 would have had the same bar mount. I learn something every day, I'll be watching to see what you do with it.

Thanks, I was hopeing to see the bar mount pad on the saw itself without the bar plate on it. I was wondering how they got the oil holes on the Husky bar to line up with the oiler on the saw.

On this Pro Mac, the oil outlet on the saw seems too high to mount to the Husky bar. It seems to be directed behind the bar plate to the cavity below to line up with the Mac bars adjuster slot which oils through it.

Wonder who thought it was a good idea to put 8mm studs on this 100cc saw? :laugh:

Mark got some more pics. Hope these help. Some aren't to good.
View attachment 194001View attachment 194002View attachment 194003View attachment 194004View attachment 194005

Latest posts

Back