Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am permitted to post a photo here...finally have a runner in my possesion.

196155d1314022817-dscn5118-jpg

Still needs a good cleaning and some adjustments, maybe fuel lines and carburetor kit but I know it does run.

Mark

If someone bought that wanting a P100, I'm not so sure he's getting one.

That saw appears to me to be a P85 as it has a decomp, but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure if a person can go by that decomp thing on those saws......I have seen a couple P100's now with the decomp. I actually wonder if they were the very first ones and maintained a flashback from the R440?

I'm not sure if a person can go by that decomp thing on those saws......I have seen a couple P100's now with the decomp. I actually wonder if they were the very first ones and maintained a flashback from the R440?

Rob, of course you could be right and I had also heard rumors of decomp P100's.

You ever just "get that feeling" about something? I got it on that one.

I never did hear back from you from the last PM I sent, did you get it?

If someone bought that wanting a P100, I'm not so sure he's getting one.

That saw appears to me to be a P85 as it has a decomp, but I could be wrong.

I'm not so sure it's a P100 either. I almost threw a bid
on it but i don't need another P85. Got 3 now.
I have never seen a P100 with the decomp. But all the
P85's, R440's and R40's have all had them.

Lee

Good question Rob, and I'm not really sure. I cant remember if I tested the PM1000 or not. The fella that picked up my P100 Super said he tested it and I think he said it was 170lbs. I didnt bother to test it.

I can test them both though and report back what I find.

It seems my 7000+ was about 150 though if I remember right.

Good question Rob, and I'm not really sure. I cant remember if I tested the PM1000 or not. The fella that picked up my P100 Super said he tested it and I think he said it was 170lbs. I didnt bother to test it.

I can test them both though and report back what I find.

It seems my 7000+ was about 150 though if I remember right.

I suspect 140 is a shade low, but thought I would ask as some of these older saws weren't compression monsters, and if it ain't broke I won't fix it.....I certainly don't mind putting a set of rings in if it needs it though.

Hey guys!

I'm just going to start working on this P85 and the compression seems a little low @ 140. What is "normal" comp for these saw

Does the P85 have T port on the exhuast for compression release? If so 140 is pretty good.

Latest posts

Back