Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is this 2051 a Partner Origin saw or not? Seems its a Partner design but no Partner saw line with it. It's not a Elux/Husky line I know this already. So did Partner design it but abandon it, or sell it over the isle at the plant to Jonsered.

I've been over everything about these saws but its all not clear. They are a Hybrid Hot Rodded small pro saw, using a uncoventional three peice case/cylinder.

This saw wears a 2055 starter cover but is a true 2051. I need to know if I can include this 2051 in the Partner threads or not, does it belong with Partners. I believe they are Partner saws that for some reason they did not make, so let the corrections begin!!!

Now take this with a grain of salt, but I dont think theres any Partner in that saw. Looks like part of the last ditch effort from Jonsered at that design, and not a very good one that I know of. Its got that cheap Jonsered handle, crankcase setup etc.

I had a little earlier Jonsered version of that saw and hot rod never entered my mind with it.

I would say it would only belong with the Jonsered thread.

Saw Troll can probably enlighten us up with more info.

2051 not a partner

Now take this with a grain of salt, but I dont think theres any Partner in that saw. Looks like part of the last ditch effort from Jonsered at that design, and not a very good one that I know of. Its got that cheap Jonsered handle, crankcase setup etc.

I had a little earlier Jonsered version of that saw and hot rod never entered my mind with it.

I would say it would only belong with the Jonsered thread.

Saw Troll can probably enlighten us up with more info.

Thanks Mark
Thats my feeling on it but theres a question there, but I'll leave it at the Jonered thread. No biggy I only paid $40.00 to the door from ebay just to see if it was a Partner still can"t to sure. Runs great $40.00 and to the Jonered thread it goes!!!!

Partner Saw Changes

so I'm working through my "FIXER UP" pile of Partners and decided to post some pics of different Partner parts within the same model. ThView attachment 201271View attachment 201272View attachment 201273View attachment 201274ese parts are all from same era, same model saws, all were 65cc.

Cylinders are closed and open but saws were both 65cc Farmer Model F65A, both had Tilly HS174 non limiting carbs, Thyister ign.

So Partner lists the Open port Newer style cylinder as NON EPA (info comes from K650/K700 workshop manual) no exguast divider
Partner lists Closed Port older Style as EPA on K series saws, and has dual divided ports.
---BUT Partner K series saws use flat top pistons with Decomp valves and higher 9.4:1 comp ratio, Chainsaws use domed pistons with 9.0:1, all this making any sense yet.

The closed port (multi fin) cylinder is a older R series design but has more power, I have verified this!!!! It has divided exguast, and from what I can tell is much better. But the Open port has larger exguast port.
Both pistons were identical domed units but (1) had single ring.
View attachment 201273

So the question is wich should I use????? I have 2 of each and am assembling 2 saws now, 1 later on. Any suggestions I have done this same thing with 55cc Farmers and the Older closed port cyinders are hands down stronger.
Also included a pic of my other project a mistery model case, notice the oiler next to the bar studs and the holes in the case for extra bearing/seal lube. This is not on BLACK case models (s/f 55 65) Any ideas on model??? it had points!!!its a great spotless case so together it goes.
View attachment 201274
Its like Christmas everytime I pop the top on a Partner, I never know whats inside!
View attachment 201271
View attachment 201272

Last edited:
Partner cases

Could the one with the oiler next to the bar studs be a P-55 and not the S-55.

No don't believe its a P55 because its too old, points ignition, and also P55 have adjustable oilers to my knowledge, that little device looks like it could hold adjustment but has no screw for it! The oiler is the type that bolts to the bottom. So once again Partner has baffled me?????
I know I'm going to use it regardless as its in great shape with very smooth bearings (almost new like) with less side to side play than any other Partner I've worked on.

Partner K650 to chainsaw interchange

So my new k650 active III saw from eBay arrived today! Yah Right! wrong its a total junk pile, missing parts and a BLOWN big end rod bearing. Enough with that.
I was able to check all parts for interchange to chainsaws. Almost all will fit as long as you use all K series parts. All covers fit but you'll have no room for your hand on the handle bar.
Rear handle is the same as is the AV mounts.
Mufflers better!! (kinda) muffler is piped without a baffle inside. (No inlet baffle thing with holes in it). Pipe points down and goes three inches into the muffler but is small 3/8-1/2" good for a 55CC. I tested it on my P70 its quite! but sounds weird, like a gocart? MO-PED? not big enough.
Cylinders a bolt on to any!!! coil lines up great. HAS Decomp, Cylinder is identical to P70 but no T-PORT, piston is DOMED!!! (please note: aftermarket China junk are flat top and shorter in height so VERY LOW compression)
Flywheel is fine, HAS IMPROVED prawls, and flywheel is thicker (more cooling area) I placed a old F65 cover over it and cleared but didn't run it.
Carbs intakes seem to all interchange
They have improved Vent valve on fuel tank but use same grommet as older Partners or Duct bill poulan fits too.

The rest is not important, Just puttin this out there in case anyone didn't already know.

Cases can not be used of coarse for chainsaws!!!! everyone knows that, that would be too easy.

Hey Mark !
it fits nicely thank you.
now if durned yankees could write legible i could read the return ad ! :)

attachment.php

NOW it's worth giving a good cleaning and spruce up,then put it back to work :)

Partners

Hey Mark !
it fits nicely thank you.
now if durned yankees could write legible i could read the return ad ! :)

attachment.php

NOW it's worth giving a good cleaning and spruce up,then put it back to work :)

HEY I gotta get one them still, My collection is lacking a 500/5000 series, great saws.

Partner K650/K700 PC DO NOT FIT CHAINSAWS

Just to clear things up if it hasn't been covered yet:

Partner OEM cylinders from K650/K700 50mm cut off saws DO NOT FIT ON chainsaws, not R17, R18, s55, p55, f55, f65 or otherwise, it will fit on (1) of my P70 but its a older model but not the newer model P70/700.

Anyone else heard about these swaps???

This is about OEM Mahle, not Chinese (I dont go there, I have a nice 50mm piston made there, what a joke!!!)

Pp325

Need the info on the pp325, I know its a Partner 540 but what about pistons? I have a early type 1 on the way thats good but need to figure out this piston type.
All 540 pistons I've seen are open port type. (no holes on piston) is this right, the one im getting has holes around the pin.
So just looking for info, I am thinking about making this my daily saw. (when to lazy to pack a 5 cuber around)

While I'm at it I have a Jonsered 490 enroute too, whats the difference in them compared to a 5000+

thanks

Need the info on the pp325, I know its a Partner 540 but what about pistons? I have a early type 1 on the way thats good but need to figure out this piston type.
All 540 pistons I've seen are open port type. (no holes on piston) is this right, the one im getting has holes around the pin.
So just looking for info, I am thinking about making this my daily saw. (when to lazy to pack a 5 cuber around)

While I'm at it I have a Jonsered 490 enroute too, whats the difference in them compared to a 5000+

thanks

Dude!!!

Pick yourself up a cheap 350 Husky for an everyday saw!
That PP325 is WAY too nice for a beater!!!
The 490 J-red is a nice saw and is, for all intents and purposes a 5000+.

Mike

Why don't the cocrete saw Cylinders fit to chainsaws ? :msp_scared: I always thought the do...:confused:

thanks

There were two versions of the PP325, the first with closed port cylinder and windowed piston, similar to Partner 5500, and later one with open port cylinder, like the Partner 540 and the Husqvarna 55 non EPA.
One difference between Jred 490 and 5000 Plus is the choke setup. The PP 325, Partner 5500 and 540 by the way have yet another setup, even another carb with a "true" choke, not only a plastik cap that covers the ventouri .
Then there is handle, the 490 is lacking the lower handle bar brace that gives mor stability and better antivibe.
The Jonsered 490 is noticable lighter than my Partner 540. I like them both with their qualities, still one of the best 50 cc class saws ever made :rock:
Max

Oh, I like those Swedish models. Looks like that one is wearing a 36 incher.:msp_smile:

Al.

Partner saws

Why don't the cocrete saw Cylinders fit to chainsaws ? :msp_scared: I always thought the do...:confused:

There were two versions of the PP325, the first with closed port cylinder and windowed piston, similar to Partner 5500, and later one with open port cylinder, like the Partner 540 and the Husqvarna 55 non EPA.
One difference between Jred 490 and 5000 Plus is the choke setup. The PP 325, Partner 5500 and 540 by the way have yet another setup, even another carb with a "true" choke, not only a plastik cap that covers the ventouri .
Then there is handle, the 490 is lacking the lower handle bar brace that gives mor stability and better antivibe.
The Jonsered 490 is noticable lighter than my Partner 540. I like them both with their qualities, still one of the best 50 cc class saws ever made :rock:
Max

Thanks for the info, as for the Concrete saw issue the lip sticking out the bottom of the cylinder is wider so they will not fit down inside a crankcase on a F55 F65 S55 S65 R17 R18 R420 R421 these I tried and also will not fit one of my P70 but fits the other fine. The K650 cylinder I used was a OEM Mahle. I was told they will fit a P55 but have none to check. I do not know about the Chinese models I don't go there!! I was a little shocked when I found this out, it goes against everything I read. Theres also issues with piston types on these units, some have domed pistons some do not but all the cylinders are the same makes no sense.
Duane

Sorry, a gratuitous plug.

I just posted in the 'wanted' thread for a P100 muffler. Can anyone help, please?

And Duane, I love reading your gems on the 55 /65 cc Partner series. I have found the same issues as you. Have some spare K65 cylinders sitting here too - tried them in 7 different 55/65 bottom ends and like you said, they will not fit. And I am not convinced the coil would fit even if I did get the cylinder on, either.

Picked up another 500 yesterday - going to give this one to the boys as it is a bit untidy, will post pics anon.

Also picked up a P100 but won't see it for a while. Needs a muffler and pretty sure the piston is shot - does anyone know if a K1200 piston will fit?

Al.

Sorry, a gratuitous plug.

I just posted in the 'wanted' thread for a P100 muffler. Can anyone help, please?

And Duane, I love reading your gems on the 55 /65 cc Partner series. I have found the same issues as you. Have some spare K65 cylinders sitting here too - tried them in 7 different 55/65 bottom ends and like you said, they will not fit. And I am not convinced the coil would fit even if I did get the cylinder on, either.

Picked up another 500 yesterday - going to give this one to the boys as it is a bit untidy, will post pics anon.

Also picked up a P100 but won't see it for a while. Needs a muffler and pretty sure the piston is shot - does anyone know if a K1200 piston will fit?

Al.

I know nothing about the fitting of that piston but I do have a K1250 apart at this moment that I could measure the piston if you need it.

Latest posts

Back