Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Partner K series swaps

Hello
I think the k1250 will fit fine, I think the pistons will be the same the older the better. I had a old K12** cant remember but looked the same as a P100 and everything on it was the same,even had a oil pump but no drive gear installed. Try to stick with parts from a older looking one that has the metal recoil.
Seems every K series cylinder with a decomp doesn't interchange!!!!! but some pistons do, I guess I could always machine down the outter lip on the cylinders if I needed to but cylinders are pretty easy to get without the work.

Glad to hear I'm not alone in this puzzle!!!! I have about 7 Partners apart right now trying to decide what I want to do to them. Switchin to some newer 490/pp325 and a 400 for lighter work.

Mark, that would be good if you can measure the piston but my understanding is the K1250 bore is 60 mm and the K1200, like the P100 is 56mm. But I could be wrong!
And I think I got that P100 muffler - fingers crossed.

Duane,
Do yourself a favour and ditch the 400. A 500 (or 5000) weighs the same and is real good cutter. Partners are catching, aren't they?

Al

Mark, that would be good if you can measure the piston but my understanding is the K1250 bore is 60 mm and the K1200, like the P100 is 56mm. But I could be wrong!

Duane,
Do yourself a favour and ditch the 400. A 500 (or 5000) weighs the same and is real good cutter. Partners are catching, aren't they?

Al

Al your correct, I wasnt thinking. The 1250 is a 60mm bore.

I did a K700 a short time back and kept the P/C here for my own comparisions someday.

Partner TS and Partner C6

DSCF0429-2.jpg

DSCF0428-2.jpg

I am new to this thread. I spend time on the Pioneer thread. I picked up these 2 Partner saws last weekend. One is a C6. Not very common around here. The other is a Partner model TS. Anyone know how many of these were made. I believe they were made by Cresent and also sold as a Partner TS and the Husqvarna F70.

Partner Saw coils

So I have a bench full of Partner F55 F65 S55 S65 right now I just finished up on. I swapped out the ignition systems for new Husqvarna Coils. All are new except one.
WHO has tried this?????
Let me tell you they all KICK BACK BAD!!! Broke recoil, spring tangled rope and so on!!!!
All saws are either rebuilt with gasket removed or were oem with very good on compression.
I do not have a degree wheel anymore!!! (loaned out never got back)
They fire first pull, but I have to stand on them on the ground with both feet and only get one rpm and a pop or fire up???? This is crazy!!!!!!! the 65cc are VERY VERY bad

Has anyone else ran into this? Timing looks to be the same, alignment is the same???

So I have a bench full of Partner F55 F65 S55 S65 right now I just finished up on. I swapped out the ignition systems for new Husqvarna Coils. All are new except one.
WHO has tried this?????
Let me tell you they all KICK BACK BAD!!! Broke recoil, spring tangled rope and so on!!!!
All saws are either rebuilt with gasket removed or were oem with very good on compression.
I do not have a degree wheel anymore!!! (loaned out never got back)
They fire first pull, but I have to stand on them on the ground with both feet and only get one rpm and a pop or fire up???? This is crazy!!!!!!! the 65cc are VERY VERY bad

Has anyone else ran into this? Timing looks to be the same, alignment is the same???

It sounds like the spark timing is a few degrees off.

Partner 400

Duane,

Al

Hello
Well I would ditch the 400 for a 5000 or 490 or even a Poulan 325 but I already have all those. I'm going to give the 400 to the Girlfreind to use, if I can get both covers cheap enough. It easier for her to start than her MS260 in cold weather (she is left handed)

Partner coils

It sounds like the spark timing is a few degrees off.

Well it must be, but it runs great when started, no noise, knock etc. But everyone says these are a bolt on! I don't think so, I tried all 5 saws they all had pull start issues. I moved the coils around some and changed air gap but nothing changes???
Also these saws had different ignitions systems but they all pop back now.
This is the second time I've been burnt on Partner Parts swaps, (k series cylinders, now coils)

Hello
Well I would ditch the 400 for a 5000 or 490 or even a Poulan 325 but I already have all those. I'm going to give the 400 to the Girlfreind to use, if I can get both covers cheap enough. It easier for her to start than her MS260 in cold weather (she is left handed)

I think I have covers for a 400 if thats what your after. At least I think there 400.

400 covers

I think I have covers for a 400 if thats what your after. At least I think there 400.

Great, It can even be a Husky 40 for all i care, Don't care about looks either. I have a saw with good cylinder etc but someone took the covers off for some reason, I am missing an air filter too but its a foam one on this year (1984) so I'll just make one from a B&S filter.
What do you want for the covers???

Great, It can even be a Husky 40 for all i care, Don't care about looks either. I have a saw with good cylinder etc but someone took the covers off for some reason, I am missing an air filter too but its a foam one on this year (1984) so I'll just make one from a B&S filter.
What do you want for the covers???

Let me dig them out to check. I think there 400 covers but there both bare. A recoil cover and a clutch cover.

Jonsered 490 Partner 5000+

Just received my J-red 490 today, WOW I love this saw all great nothing wrong but broke choke lever. (already ordered one and the third black brace) Built like a Rock and tons of power and compression. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Also received a 5000+ NOS cylinder and piston in error!!! Ordered a P55 44mm but received these instead, I'm all GOOD with this!! I ordered some NOS Partner parts fairly cheap. (lower AV mounts, P70 piston, Rings, P&C etc.)
I will show some interesting things about these 5000+ to all who are unaware.
View attachment 204368
5000+ 44mm NOS windowed piston and closed port cylinder
View attachment 204369
closer shot of closed ports or it, intake is not round or oval but tapered on the sides (max flow)
View attachment 204371
Windowed piston WITH DOME!!!!! New to me!!!! .027 rise to center not found on other 44mm pistons for 500 or Husky 51 55 correct me if wrong please???? Best I could due to show it.
View attachment 204371View attachment 204372
NOS Partner P70, 700, 7000, 7000+ K650/700 EPA, piston showing Dome

5000 p&c

Timberdollars, where did you get a nos 5000 p&c? Do they have any more?

Sorry it was a one time deal, like I said it wasn't even right but worked out great. I see 44mm 45mm and 46mm cylinders from time to time that are the same. (closed port same mounting with screw on top) They are on some rarer Husqvarna 51 and 55 epa saws. I had one last year but got rid of it as I didn't need it. Was NOS Husqvarna 51EPA 44mm cylinder.
The real trick are pistons for 5000+ and pp325 without loosing HP with full skirt versions.

Just received my J-red 490 today, WOW I love this saw all great nothing wrong but broke choke lever. (already ordered one and the third black brace) Built like a Rock and tons of power and compression. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Also received a 5000+ NOS cylinder and piston in error!!! Ordered a P55 44mm but received these instead, I'm all GOOD with this!! I ordered some NOS Partner parts fairly cheap. (lower AV mounts, P70 piston, Rings, P&C etc.)
I will show some interesting things about these 5000+ to all who are unaware.
View attachment 204368
5000+ 44mm NOS windowed piston and closed port cylinder
View attachment 204369
closer shot of closed ports or it, intake is not round or oval but tapered on the sides (max flow)
View attachment 204371
Windowed piston WITH DOME!!!!! New to me!!!! .027 rise to center not found on other 44mm pistons for 500 or Husky 51 55 correct me if wrong please???? Best I could due to show it.
View attachment 204371View attachment 204372
NOS Partner P70, 700, 7000, 7000+ K650/700 EPA, piston showing Dome

Sorry about pictures in wrong order!!!!! 5000 piston is on bottom, P70 is outta order. site went down right in the middle of fixing the pictures, and couldn't get back on to edit it.

Duane

Duane,
You are one lucky dog to get those cylinders! I rebuilt a 500 yesterday that had an early 5000 open port top end. That is the second 500 I have found sporting a 5000 cylinder. I wonder if they came originally like that or perhaps were retro fitted under warranty. There is not a lot of difference in the porting but they sure rev!

Hope those NOS jugs run for ever for you - you're not going to find too many more!

Al.

204372-1024111527-jpg

Are you saying this is a 5000 piston? The cylinder is, but the piston is from I believe a 44mm S50. I have a bunch of the 500/5000/ 490/590 and 325's. I'm positive it's not one of them.

I try to pick up any NOS parts whenever I can.

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4223.jpg

Here are a couple NOS 5000+ cylinders.

IMG_4222.jpg

This is a NOS 5500/325 piston kit.

Back