Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P-55

Wow never thought about the carb block or the shaft on the carb. The carb im using is from my S-55 and is good, I don;t know if it has a governer or not. When i put the new rings in I didn't use a new gasket on the cylinder, I noticed when I took a compression test it was real low, wich was odd becuase or the new rings. It starts right up and runs good just don't turn it side to side. After checking the carb block and the shaft I think I will pull the head again and use some gasket seal. I'm on my way to cut some wood so wont be able to check it out for a couple days. I'll keep you posted on the progress Thanks.

Mama, might no be a good idea to run it if you think the cylinder gasket is not intact. It will run lean and cause you more problems then erratic idle.
But from your description, it sounds like carb trouble to me. Have you tried leaning the low side a bit?

Al.

P-55

The low and high speed are adjusted good. The carb that I'm using came off a S-55 that ran good. When I get a chance I'll change the carb block and see what happens from there. Thanks.

Partner

The low and high speed are adjusted good. The carb that I'm using came off a S-55 that ran good. When I get a chance I'll change the carb block and see what happens from there. Thanks.
Remove the cylinder and use a sealer, permatex says use anorobic sealer, others say other stuff, must be fuel resistant!!!!! silicone is not,

Awright, so I finally got around to pulling my other P100 apart, and found a few real head-scratchers in there.

First, I immediately noticed the T-port; glad I looked here first or I'd be asking what that was all about. I also immediately noticed the domed piston, which made me look up into the combustion chamber, which is where I found my first mystery: what's with the "D" shaped divot up there where the spark plug lives? Next question: what's the big idea behind the upper transfers being centered almost perfectly atop the lowers? What's with the crazy-close tolerances between skirt and ports (I'm talking <5mm)? What's with the ring pins facing the exhaust side (Yes, I checked the arrow, and it was installed properly)? What's with the divided intake?

I stared into the cylinder for about an hour trying to see where to find gains and about all I could see was polishing the rough out of the casting inside the transfers, and cleaning up casting flash on the piston and intake. I'm also curious if there's more or less wiggle room with the squish band considering the shorter-than-expected stroke and the odd-shaped combustion chamber.

I really don't want to start grinding until I have this thing figured out because the parts are so rare. I'll try to get pics up later to clarify things but seriously it looks like this design is super well-thought-out. I'm not sure that I am builder enough to make much improvement on it at all.

Awright, so I finally got around to pulling my other P100 apart, and found a few real head-scratchers in there.

First, I immediately noticed the T-port; glad I looked here first or I'd be asking what that was all about. I also immediately noticed the domed piston, which made me look up into the combustion chamber, which is where I found my first mystery: what's with the "D" shaped divot up there where the spark plug lives? Next question: what's the big idea behind the upper transfers being centered almost perfectly atop the lowers? What's with the crazy-close tolerances between skirt and ports (I'm talking <5mm)? What's with the ring pins facing the exhaust side (Yes, I checked the arrow, and it was installed properly)? What's with the divided intake?

It's been a while since I've seen one of these cylinders, but I know the divided intake is to provide stability for the piston at high speeds, and the D-shaped combustion chamber was thought to better direct/disperse the charge after firing. The Stihl 090, 075, and 046 all have similar D-shaped combustion chambers.

Madhatte, you sure are lucky finding those P100's. I never have any luck - all I ever find is old Macs and J'reds around here.;)

PB190976.jpg

PB190977.jpg

Al.

old junk

Madhatte, you sure are lucky finding those P100's. I never have any luck - all I ever find is old Macs and J'reds around here.;)

PB190976.jpg

PB190977.jpg

Al.

BOY nice pair, I would love to find a J-red for my bench!!!!!!! All I ever find are P70's and P7000 plus. maybe Santa will bring one.

Ehh, actually one of mine started life as a PM1000 but has accumulated enough bits from a donor Partner that the only original tin is the clutch cover. The other is all-Partner. I would love to get Jonsered tin and build a third.

Partner tin

Ehh, actually one of mine started life as a PM1000 but has accumulated enough bits from a donor Partner that the only original tin is the clutch cover. The other is all-Partner. I would love to get Jonsered tin and build a third.

You just need some stickers and paint!!! cause you'd be hard pressed to find anything else different.

Duane

i saw one of these on the bay years ago in partner yellow.
i think they were outboards,then husky bought them to get into chainsaws with this as their first offering.
anyone have/seen one ?
i like the oil pump on the recoil !
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

i saw one of these on the bay years ago in partner yellow.
i think they were outboards,then husky bought them to get into chainsaws with this as their first offering.
anyone have/seen one ?
i like the oil pump on the recoil !
attachment.php

These saws are plenty around in Husky version F70. I have 2 of them in excellent shape.
These buggers are lightweight but vibrate too much for convenient use.
Never saw them in Partner colors though.

belgian-a shaker huh? kind of like hanging onto a british seagull. had one on a dinghy once. called it thumper.

These saws are plenty around in Husky version F70. I have 2 of them in excellent shape.
These buggers are lightweight but vibrate too much for convenient use.
Never saw them in Partner colors though.

I beleive this is the saw in Partner colours. Model TS
DSCF0429-2.jpg

DSCF0430-2.jpg

PB190976.jpg

PB190977.jpg

Al.

I wouldn't call that ole junk Al.
You ever want to get rid of that junky
Jonsered 1020 let me know. Never seen
one in person.

Sweet pair you got.

Lee

Back