Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
p62- maybe i should get one and turn it BACK into an outboard. it would get some looks down here. what do they go for ?
is the company it's keeping any indication ? lol

Last edited:
Cutters Choice has Partner K650/K700 piston assemblies in their clearance flyer for $9.95. Part # 506 09 90-01. Flyer# CCFL3-11. Sale good thru 12/31/2011. Catalog item #44126. You can see the flyer on their web page. I don't know jack about this Partner model. Just thought "holy crap that's cheap for a piston, rings, a wristpin, and circlips!"...:D

Partner pistons

Cutters Choice has Partner K650/K700 piston assemblies in their clearance flyer for $9.95. Part # 506 09 90-01. Flyer# CCFL3-11. Sale good thru 12/31/2011. Catalog item #44126. You can see the flyer on their web page. I don't know jack about this Partner model. Just thought "holy crap that's cheap for a piston, rings, a wristpin, and circlips!"...:D

YAH WELL!!!!! there junk!!!! I have a few of those aftermarket K series pistons, there flat top, the OEM are domed just like the P70 pistons, China garbage, wouldn't use them in anything myself, or let anyone I ever wanted to face again use them either!!!
Yes $9.99 is great, I did notice them earlier too, but what junk, I was so bummed when I first got them, sharp edges, crude casting, would hate for it to take out my cylinder.
BUT! it will fit in a P70, p7000, P7000+
Made for China cylinders, lower CR way to low on OEM cylinder, for all intents and purposes would make a good Husky 50mm open port piston. Piston is identical to a Husky 61 but in 50mm.
Did notice the snowblower "D" handles though! at Cutters Choice

Duane

YAH WELL!!!!! there junk!!!! I have a few of those aftermarket K series pistons, there flat top, the OEM are domed just like the P70 pistons, China garbage, wouldn't use them in anything myself, or let anyone I ever wanted to face again use them either!!!
Yes $9.99 is great, I did notice them earlier too, but what junk, I was so bummed when I first got them, sharp edges, crude casting, would hate for it to take out my cylinder.
BUT! it will fit in a P70, p7000, P7000+
Made for China cylinders, lower CR way to low on OEM cylinder, for all intents and purposes would make a good Husky 50mm open port piston. Piston is identical to a Husky 61 but in 50mm.
Did notice the snowblower "D" handles though! at Cutters Choice

Duane

Sorry Duane. I was just trying to help the Partner crew out. That's a shame that those pistons are crap. Figures. You get what you paid for......:bang:

I wouldn't call that ole junk Al.
You ever want to get rid of that junky
Jonsered 1020 let me know. Never seen
one in person.

Sweet pair you got.

Lee

Well Lee, that is a mighty fine compliment coming from you. The 1020 is in really good fettle, lots of compression and seems kind of well looked after. It is based on the P100 super and I can't wait to see what type of piston it has. The P1000 is not a super and has the earlier piston (which is scored). I have sourced a NOS Partner 1200 piston on Jacob's advice and will post some pics when it arrives.
Interestingly, as Mark said, the J'red is clearly a painted Partner as the yellow paint is obvious where ever the red paint is worn.
The P100 has the rear half of the filter missing and a broken rear handle but it should make a good goer.
Time is short at the minute but I will have them running in a week or two and then post up some more pics.

Al.

Last edited:
I know this old girl is not strictly a Partner but the lineage is there. It looks very much like my C-6 and it is yellow.
I have heard that Bebos have carb issues (well diaphragm problems actually) but I wasn't prepared for this one that I picked up last week. Some time in the past some-one has fabricated a rudimentry intake manifold and fitted a what looks like a motor cycle or stationary engine carb. Old school ingenuity got things done alright. And a nice big air filter too. It is not in going condition at the moment so I cannot report on how it runs.
It has what I think is called scratcher chain and It does not look like it would cut very fast. The old guys did it tough with these babies. It was made the year I was born so it is not really that old.:msp_wink:

PB190978.jpg

PB190979.jpg

Al.

I know this old girl is not strictly a Partner but the lineage is there. It looks very much like my C-6 and it is yellow.
I have heard that Bebos have carb issues (well diaphragm problems actually) but I wasn't prepared for this one that I picked up last week.

Al.

Al, No idea what type of saw that is, but sure doesn't look like a partner. Would be interesting to know the brand though.
Gotta love that intake booth....:msp_wink:
The Bebo was earlier than the C6, so I doubt it had a diaphragm type carburator.

I picked up a nice 7000+ last week, barely used and a sweet runner. Very tough on the hands to start, could use a decomp.

attachment.php

Well Lee, that is a mighty fine compliment coming from you. The 1020 is in really good fettle, lots of compression and seems kind of well looked after. It is based on the P100 super and I can't wait to see what type of piston it has. The P1000 is not a super and has the earlier piston (which is scored). I have sourced a NOS Partner 1200 piston on Jacob's advice and will post some pics when it arrives.
Interestingly, as Mark said, the J'red is clearly a painted Partner as the yellow paint is obvious where ever the red paint is worn.
The P100 has the rear half of the filter missing and a broken rear handle but it should make a good goer.
Time is short at the minute but I will have them running in a week or two and then post up some more pics.

Al.

Al.

FWIW, it seems I seen a few NOS P-100 handle parts on ebay just a day or two ago.

p62- maybe i should get one and turn it BACK into an outboard. it would get some looks down here. what do they go for ?
is the company it's keeping any indication ? lol
I don't know what the TS would sell for. I am told it is very hard to find and very scarse in Sweden where they were made.
Would be nice to have a Cresent and a Husqvarna to put on display

Al.

Al.

That Jonsered 1020 is a beauty! I never knew they made that version. Partner was big on just painting over the yellow. I see that a lot on the black cased 500's.

FWIW, it seems I seen a few NOS P-100 handle parts on ebay just a day or two ago.

Thanks Mark. That seller is very good to deal with as well. He has not listed the part I am after but I have sent him a question as I bet he has a ton of parts.

That Jonsered 1020 is a beauty! I never knew they made that version. Partner was big on just painting over the yellow. I see that a lot on the black cased 500's.

The J'red version seems to be rarer in my area than the yellow ones. I had to drive 100 miles to get this one.
There is a guy in a nearby town who actively advertises for old P100's as he uses them on mills. I think he has exhausted the local supply.:msp_sad:
But the old Partners are great fun - really easy to work on a fun to use.

tough starting

Al, No idea what type of saw that is, but sure doesn't look like a partner. Would be interesting to know the brand though.
Gotta love that intake booth....:msp_wink:
The Bebo was earlier than the C6, so I doubt it had a diaphragm type carburator.

I picked up a nice 7000+ last week, barely used and a sweet runner. Very tough on the hands to start, could use a decomp.

attachment.php

Yes tough starting, my Old F65 is nasty you have to think about it when you grap the starting and make sure your all clear!!! My P70 with the T-port is easy, new rings and all!!! In fact my girlfreind can start it on very cold days easy, and she can't even get one pull on my J-red 490 or Poulan 325.
My p7000+ in on its way and will have it next week, will be interesting to compare all these.

NICE SAW!!!!!!!

Partner piston!!!

Thanks Mark. That seller is very good to deal with as well. He has not listed the part I am after but I have sent him a question as I bet he has a ton of parts.

I have seen a 1200 piston NOS for sale on eBay, didn't know you still needed one, let me check it out, I put it on my watch list.

Partner NOS parts on eBay

I too have dealt with him on NOS Partner parts, He has alot but not inventoried so it always pops up on ebay or my email. My NOS 5000+ P/c , and P70 Piston. came from him. As long as we are all talking about the same person. (In Co.)
Nardoo: found the NOS 1200 piston with correct part # (1267), auction ended two days ago, no bids its not relisted yet. It was $63.99 US. If interested PM me for more info.

I too have dealt with him on NOS Partner parts, He has alot but not inventoried so it always pops up on ebay or my email. My NOS 5000+ P/c , and P70 Piston. came from him. As long as we are all talking about the same person. (In Co.)
Nardoo: found the NOS 1200 piston with correct part # (1267), auction ended two days ago, no bids its not relisted yet. It was $63.99 US. If interested PM me for more info.

Duane,
I already have one of those 1200 pistons on the way from that seller, but thanks for thinking of me. Not sure it will fit until it arrives. Buying Partner parts is fun though expensive usually, so when I find a parts saw in my travels I grab it. Whole saws are cheap here - I paid $30.00 for a nice R30 and P100's are $100 or so. Whole saws give up lots of parts so that is the way I go.
I have never found a 7000 yet but i am still looking.
Al.

you like pics, don't you ? :msp_tongue:
My Partners:

and all together with Jonsered 490 (also a Partner, in fact :smile2:)

I also have a open port 5000 in parts, i have to put it together some time. I suppose it revs better than a Husky 50 oder 55, it has a significantly smaller burning chamber. Maybe timing is also different, didn't check it yet ;-)
Max

Last edited:
Nice 540

you like pics, don't you ? :msp_tongue:
My Partners:

and all together with Jonsered 490 (also a Partner, in fact :smile2:)

I also have a open port 5000 in parts, i have to put it together some time. I suppose it revs better than a Husky 50 oder 55, it has a significantly smaller burning chamber. Maybe timing is also different, didn't check it yet ;-)
Max

Nice collection, wish I could get a 540 here in the US, but I'll have you live with the 490, 500, 5000+, PP325 for now. Pictures are worth a 1000 words anytime.
The open chamber 500/5000 is alot better than the Husky 50/51/55 stuff, timing and higher swirl on transfers, higher CR too.

Duane

I picked up the 5K+ that has been floating around on Ebay for several weeks now. I bought it as a parts saw; I'm skeptical of the description in the listing. I have a shelf-queen already, one that is nearly complete, and a third with a good P/C but missing lots of other stuff. I think I will be able to make two more runners from this saw.

Back